Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Saying Goodbye, The Long Drive, Home Small Home!

First of all I just want to say thanks to all of the family that came to help us with the process of moving. There was packing, cleaning, lifting, organizing and alot of other stuff that went on, all to help us. I also want to thank all of the neighbors and friends that helped out also, from babysitting to yard work to everything else that was done.
Saying Goodbye
Cousin Nicole and Brindley
Lexie and Cousin Josh
Karissa, Cousins Nicole and Lindsay, Brindley
Didn't realize how much stuff we had. That Uhaul was packed!
From top to bottom: Brindley, Cousin Abby, Karissa, Cousin Nate, Lexie, Cousin Leah
Karissa and Best Friend Anna
After loading the trucks we headed on our way. We made a detour through Koosharem where we dropped off Rocky, Ruby and Ebony (our dog and cats). We also spent the night there. When we got on the road we had quite the caravan. Jim drove the moving truck and had Brindley and Karissa with him. Mike drove Jim's truck and I drove the expedition with Dad, Lexie and Samantha.
These pictures were taken halfway across Nevada in the small town of Austin.
Bad shot I know, but I was trying to get one of everyone.
Wow, do these trucks eat up alot of gas!

The kids had fun talking on the radios back and forth to each vehicle.
I was so glad Dad decided to ride with me. He drove some so I could sit in the back and take care of Samantha.
What would we have done without Mike. He helped Jim unload the moving truck into storage. Alot of work that I would have had to do. We did have some Elders from the ward show up to help us too.
Don't I look lovely?! That's what you get after driving from Logan to Koosharem to Halfway across Nevada. Good thing you didn't see what I looked like when we made it all the way across Nevada. Atleast I am smiling.
The famous Shoe Tree. Yes, I said Shoe Tree! Jim doesn't even remember seeing it. How could you miss something like this?! I think on one of our trips home we might have to add to it.

Home Small Home....for the time being.
This is what our trailer looked like when we moved in. Can you find all 4 girls? Yes, I did some organizing. We lived in this for way too long. I know living in the trailer was different than what the pioneers went through, but I kept thinking about them the whole time we were living in it. I learned I can live with a whole lot less. We lived out of our bags from July 7th to Sept. 1st.
What an adventure we have had so far.
Something we will never forget.

5 comments:

Scott and Amme said...

OH KRISTI! I really hate moving. It made me tired to read about yours. I am glad you are hopefully done for a while now. The shoe tree is hilarious! The trailer pictures brought back some bittersweet memories for me.

Sandra said...

So are you guys looking for a home there? Wow that shoe tree is amazing how funny! How long of a drive is it? I know I didn't see you much since you moved from the ward but I'm glad blogs can keep us in touch.

Jessica said...

Wow, I loved all the cute pictures of the cousins. I could not imagine living in your trailer with everyone for that long. You are amazing and we miss you all so much. Leah wants to call Lexie daily and talk to her, and send her pictures so we need your new address sometime. I love the shoe tree...where is it at? I am so happy you are in a house and I cant wait to see pictures!

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you made it. I agree with moving, it's so hard and unfortunately it doesn't get any easier. The shoe tree is a fun sight in the middle of Nevada. We thought it was great also. Hope you are doing great and adjusting to the new culture.

Trina said...

I agree, moving is hard. I didn't realize you were in the trailer for almost 2 months. That would have been tough. You guys are amazing!