Wednesday, September 23, 2009

How Many Kids Do You Have?


How many kids do you have? This is a question that all moms get asked, whether in NV or UT. In NV though it is said with an expression of "Holy Cow that is alot of kids"! Then followed by, "Wow, are you done?"

I got asked this question the other day while at Walmart with the whole family. Only this time it was quite funny and cute. Jim had the girls and was playing "ring around the rosies" in the isle while I was shopping. A guy walked by with his wife and turned to me and said, "How many kids do you have?" This was really a statement and not a question. I laughed and replied, "I don't know, but I for sure have one big one!"

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Thats so cute! I think Rich would be chasing kids down the aisle vesus playing with them!

Robinsons said...

I'll bet you are so happy to have your family all together and a daddy who will go shopping and have fun with his girls!

Sandra said...

Believe me I get asked that a lot. Sometimes it's asked... "are all those your kids?" We get some funny faces as we drive to Missouri and stop at places to eat. Is it really that uncommon? I think it's great that he would play ring a round the rosies with them :)

Jessie said...

That's funny! Who would have thought 4 kids is a lot? LOL. That's just a start! :)

Scott and Amme said...

I totally know how you feel! People act like they haven't seen a big family before, and I don't consider 4 big! I love your comeback though. I never would have thought of ring around the rosie in the store. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi, You just need to tell them if the dugger family can have 18 and counting then the rowley family can have 4 and counting. when you hit 18 kids then I will say you have a lot.... lol
Love ya and hope things are going well out there for you all.
Ann

Trina said...

That's funny. We get asked all the time too. Sometimes we just get the head count (where people are nodding as they count the kids). I have finally gotten to a place where I just don't care and I am proud of our "little" family. :) I like your comeback!