I just need a moment.....
Suzanne was here yesterday to help me do a little packing. We did get some done, but I am still overwhelmed with what is left. I know I have alot of junk, but it's my junk, and I want to keep it!!!! Anyway, after Suzanne left I was playing on the computer. As I got up to go upstairs, I faced the wall where my family pictures hang, only, they weren't there. I told Suz she could take the pictures off the wall but didn't realize how it would effect me. The wall is empty now............ I guess I have been living in la la land because I never thought I would be packing up my house after living in it for only two years. I have accepted the move. I am even excited for the new adventures we are going to have. I have accepted that I will be moving away from my friends and family and am excited to make new friends. The thing that I have had the hardest time with is my home. When we moved here we felt so strongly that this house was meant for us. No it's not fancy or updated like most, but it fits us and our style. I remember after we made the offer on our home, we would drive by almost every night just to check out the house that hopefully was going to be ours. So, for the next few weeks, I am going to enjoy my home. That might mean leaving everything else where it is and not packing until that moving truck is parked in the driveway!! Ha Ha like I can let that happen.


9 comments:
It's interesting how the first thing to pack is always the wall decor. Usually they're also the last thing to be put back into place. That's always been the hardest thing for me. When James & I moved into our home, that was the first thing that went back up instead. No house is a home without that special warmth! Keep your chin up! And let's get together before the moving truck is parked in the driveway!
and you WILL be missed...
That would be hard. Hugs here for ya! Good luck with the rest of packing up.
Leaving your comfort sone is one of the hardest things to go through. There are so many things awaiting you and your sweet family but that is little consulation when you see the bare walls and are in the middle of dealing with the feelings that wash over you in waves. Good luck! You can do it!
Kristi..I just love you. I love reading your blog. I just went thru the post's I have missed and you are SO amazing. I just wanted to tell you that I love you and that the people in Nevada are going to just love you as well. I know you will help so many people by just your example alone. I love you and your family..squeeze them all for me!
Moving is so hard, but like you said there are always new adventures awaiting you. Good luck with it all. When does that moving truck arrive?
What a touching post. It is really hard to leave. That is why I hate living temporarily in apartments. It is hard to want it to be homey. You will be ok wherever you go...just remember that the most important things are going with you.
I haven't been on for a while, but I was just reading through your latest posts, and you've got me crying. Enjoy these last few days!!!! I'm really going to miss you.
Whewww... I know how you feel... as I sit down at midnight too tired to pack anymore! Moving is just hard, no matter if there is great and wonderful things waiting for ya, it's just hard! Good luck!I love you
Post a Comment