AHHHH! I am trying to exercise some patients and also learn to not let what others say bother me so much, but I wanted to cry lastnight. We have tried really hard to keep the kids quiet since we have neighbors so close to us. All day long I am constantly saying SHHHH! Lastnight we went up to the store/office here at the RV park. The guy staying next to us works in the store. I asked him if we were too noisy. He told me we weren't bad, it just sounded like a heard of elephants. A lady working in the store told us another guy had said something about the noise. Apparently this guy works at night and sleeps at day. I guess the 11 dogs (barking) and 3 cats in the 5 other trailers right next to us don't bother him much. The lady asked us if we wanted to trade spots....making it sound like it would be better for us so we wouldn't have to be by the barking dogs. I jumped at the chance, so before Jim even got his dinner, we hitched up the trailer and moved sites. We have an empty spot on both sides of us. Hopefully my elephants won't bother our new neighbors as much. It's just hard because I feel like I can't even let them giggle. They really are being good. They are trying hard, but come on, they are just kids. I think today we will leave for awhile and try to find a park to play at. There are a few museums also that we are going to go check out.
8 comments:
I feel your pain! We live in a condo in Mesquite, I was always worried that the kids being kids would disrupt the retired neighbors around us. Luckily they were all pretty mello, still It was good to move where they could be kids! It won't last long ...right?
When their dad is Dumbo, I'd say there is a 50/50 chance that's accurate.
Kristi!
Don't let them get you down! You have the cutest little elephants I've ever seen! They are very well mannered but really, what do those people expect in a small trailer? The kids have to find something to do! I think it's great that you get a little more secluded spot, even if they were doing it with an ulterior motive. Just hang in there and remember that at the end of EVERY day you get to have "Dumbo" home with you! That's got to be so nice after all these months! By the way...Josh asks about Lexie every day. "Is she still far, far away? Can we call and see?"
Yep...that is how it goes. I hate living in apartments because you cannot even exercise without it making a noise. Better get some muzzles for those kids of yours so that mean man can sleep...just kidding. That is really sad that people cannot just learn to live with it. And kids are going to be loud...it happens with all of them. Hang in there!
Elder Holland told us today in our stake conference that there is no sweeter sound than that of laughing, crying or even fighting children. That is so true. It is sad that all people don't appreciate those sweet noises. Hang in there! Elephants are nice to have around!
I didn't know you were moving. Good luck in Nevada. Your girls are really cute.
Its sooooo frustrating when people forget what its like to be a kid. They are not mini adults and shouldn't be expected to act like one. Find some moms to hang out with- the comfort zone. Don't let it get you too down. I would take giggling girls over barking dogs anyday. :)
I say better elephants than donkeys. Now a herd of donkeys would be really insulting!
Post a Comment