Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm a Utah'n!!

We have loved being here in Carson City with Jim. We have found some fun things to do while we have been here. First though, some of the things that make me smile and say to myself..
"I'm from Utah".
I got my first "Are you Mormon" question!!;)
Asked the deli lady at the grocery store if they have jello parfait (not sure on the spelling) and got a funny look. I was told to look by the milk.
Lot's of looks and comments about my kids. I had Samantha in her carseat today and a lady watching all of us said, did you finally get your boy? It's kind of humorous to me to see peoples' reactions to us.

I'm sure there will be more things for me to laugh at!

We have gone to a couple museums and a few tourist areas.

Here are the girls at the Children's Museum. They have already asked to go back here.




We visited Virginia City which is an old mining town that they have turned into a tourist attraction. I bought some taffy at a candy store in Virginia City. I looked at the price thinking it was by the pound. When I paid for it, it was by the 1/2 pound. That stuff must have been what they were mining (gold). We sure have enjoyed it though!

We have also gone for a ride up to Lake Tahoe. Very beautiful. The girls played on the little beach we found, and I gathered some pinecones. Jim took some pretty pictures with our new camera.


Jim took us to the ward he has been going to. There were actually more babies in Relief Society here than at home. The sister that gave our lesson was hispanic. She struggled with pronouncing some of the English words, but she did very well presenting the lesson in English. Everything she put on the board was written in English and Spanish. They sing some of the hymns in Spanish also.

Today we went to the Nevada State Museum. I forgot my camera here, so we will have to make a trip back. It has a variety of displays from a mammoth replica to a display of an outfit that show girls wear. The girls didn't understand why these sparkly bra and panties were on display.

After the museum we went and picked up Wendy's then headed towards a park that I had seen from a distance a few days ago. We pulled up in the parking lot all ready to sit on the grass and eat our lunch. One thing wrong though. There are about 25 dogs running around. It's a dog park!! Normally that would be ok, but with my girls, there was no way we were going to try to have a picnic when there were dogs running everywhere. Luckily on the other side of the park there was a "fenced in playground". We enjoyed our lunch there while we watched the dogs on the other side of the fence. I've never seen that many different kind of dogs at once. It was almost like a movie. Dogs catching frisbies and rolling around in the grass. It was fun and made for a good laugh!
We miss our home and the girls are anxious to see their friends, but we have enjoyed the time we have had with Jim. Hopefully we can get settled soon so we don't have to be away from Jim.
No matter what happens as long as you have your family and do it together, you can do anything.

6 comments:

Susi said...

I'm so glad you got to be with your sweetie! Mine is finally back too. I love it!

Jessica said...

It sounds like you are having fun out there, I am glad you are all together. We miss you, and the kids are excited to see your girls again too! Tell them all hello for us!

The Mann Clann said...

Wow! What a trip you're having! Are you ready to be out of the trailer yet? Or are you enjoying the small area that you have to clean? Big houses are totally overrated! We miss you, and hope it hasn't been raining on you like it has has been here for the last two weeks!

Megan Guymon said...

Sounds like a bit of a change. Glad to hear that you are all taking it in stride! I guess you can all brush up on a little spanish...right? Hope you are doing well. I bet you stay cozy in that trailer!

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you are taking advantage of all the cool things to do. Don't worry, you get used to all the looks and comments you get about your kids. I think some of the world think that dogs should be taking over rather than children. I'd never heard of a dog park until OR. Just love the differences each state has, and most of all enjoy your family time.

hOLLIANN said...

You guys are such troopers! Good thing we are Mormons, right :)!!!