It is really getting to be a big affair, with all my brothers and sisters, and their families as well. Our kids like the chance to play with their cousins.
Grandma and Grandpa Perry even made it up for a night. They are fun to be around, and grandpa is a notorious story teller. Not shown in this particular picture is a book about 5 inches thick about Parley P. Pratt. It was the topic of some campfire discussion this year.
Kristi, Karissa and I took the four wheelers on a ride to Old Ephriam's grave. Old Ephriam is a legend grizzly bear from Northern Utah. He would kill sheep and cows that were grazing on the mountain. He was just shy of 10 feet tall. He is also believed to be the last grizzly bear in Utah. This monument was constructed to be about the same height as the bear was. In comparison to Karissa's height, I'm glad I never ran into him. He was killed by a sheep herder from Malad in 1923. More information on Old Eph can be found here:
http://www.onlineutah.com/oldephraimhistory1.shtml
On the way back to camp from Old Ephriam's grave, this picture was taken. The yellow in the picture shouldn't be confused with autumn, it is large, dense fields of wild flowers.
The kids really enjoyed playing on the four wheelers. Here are a few shots of Lexie riding.
One morning, we went on a hike to the Wind Caves. It is a 1.8 mile hike, that is pretty steep. At the top, there are these caves carved from wind. It was very pretty from the top. Brindley and Karissa made the hike with us, along with Michelle and her 2 daughters, Lindsey, Nicole, Matt and Dad.
Lexie and Jace had a good time playing in the dirt, and throwing rocks. Partners in crime? I think so.
Lexie is stealing a peek at Jayden, Ron and Mindy's baby.


5 comments:
How fun! We miss the canyon so much. The wind caves is one of the few hikes I went on while we were there. You Utahn's have to stop posting beautiful pictures of the mountains, it is killing us outsiders with homesickness!
I cannot believe grandma and grandpa went to...they are superstars! And the Parley P. Pratt book...Reg has totally read it! Good times around here.
Can I just say that I love Karissa's face in the top picture! Looks like you had lot of fun. I love the old Ephraim grave ride. It's so much fun going on family camp trips with cousins!
Hooray for the Rowley family camping trip! We love spending the time with you! ...And the girls loved seeing the pics. Thanks for the memories.
Looks like fun! We have only been camping once with our whole family, but we had a great time. I bet you guys love your trailer and four-wheeler. It would be a lot of fun... and Logan Canyon is so beautiful! We haven't ever taken our kids up to Old Ephraim and I haven't been since I was so young I don't remember it. It is fun to see the pictures. That bear was huge!
Post a Comment