Thursday, July 10, 2008

Passing of an Historic Chapel

This old LDS chapel is located on Main Street in Hyrum. It is being scheduled for demolition. It has a rich history, and is a beautiful building. It is currently still being used by 2 Hyrum wards.





Here is a related article from the local paper about the chapel.

5 comments:

Reg said...

Boy, I guess sometimes you have let go of the past; difficult as that might be.

Amber Bradley said...

Hey, I was just blog serfing and found yours... your kids are so cute. It was fun to check up on your family and see all the pictures. I really want to get out and go camping now! We do have a blog but it is private if you would like an invite email me at amberlue_marie@yahoo.com

Trina said...

I can't believe they are taking down that building... especially since it is still being used. They were trying to tear down the Old Rock Church too until Karl stepped in.

The Mann Clann said...

I would never have known (I missed the article)if you hadn't said something. I'm SO sad. That's the last building in Hyrum that I'd think they'd have let go. How sad!

Scott and Amme said...

Oh, how sad!! It really is a landmark. Thanks for keeping us posted on the Hyrum news.