Monday, July 21, 2008

Hogle Zoo



For Karissa's birthday, we took her to Hogle Zoo. We left Friday afternoon and went down to Grandma and Grandpa Perry's to stay the night. It's always fun seeing them. They have such an awesome garden. I think we all look forward to breakfast at their house. Grandpa's Cereal!!!
The Zoo was alot of fun. It was ice block day at the Zoo, so all of the animals got their favorite treats frozen in a block of ice. It was fun watching the animals try and get their treats out of the ice. The elephants didn't have much trouble. They just stepped on the block of ice and it would crush with no effort. There is one picture of Lexie on the slideshow where she is making faces at a monkey. She just walked up to the window and started making faces. I thought it was really funny. Seeing the baby giraffe was alot fun also. Aunt Suz joined us at the zoo for a little while. We fixed a picnic lunch out of the back of the car, then went back in to see more animals. We let the girls each pick a small souvenir from the gift shop before we left. Lexie's whole facination with the zoo were the snakes. I'm not sure why. She doens't get that from me. So in the gift shop she picked out a small stuffed snake which she has named "Suzie Snake"!
Despite the heat our day was awesome. It was a much needed relaxing day!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

How fun! We need to go again, it's been a few years. Thats pretty neat that they put their treats in ice!

Stephanie said...

Cute family! Your girls are adorable. We missed you guys in Koosharem on the 4th. But we will be back permantely very soon. It will be fun to see everyone a little more often.

Heidi said...

It sounds like you had a great time. I can't believe Carissa is 6 now. My how time flies. Your family is adorable

Scott and Amme said...

I can't believe Karissa is 6! I love her cake and Lexie making faces at the monkey is great! Miss you tons!

Trina said...

It looks like you had fun. I wish we could be there to hang out with you guys. We took it for granted that we had such amazing friends so close and now we want to see everyone but it is a little more difficult. :) Hope everything is going well for your cute family.