Monday, July 28, 2008

Kristi's Memory Post!

Jim already did his Memory post, so I thought I would do it also. It's been fun doing this with others and remembering some fun times. I've heard my mom say alot that things may not be the same as they were, but we will always have our memories.

Here are the rules:

1. Leave a comment on my blog of a memory you have of me, or of you and I together! If you only know me through the blog, list your favorite post of mine. All memories are fun and welcome!

2.Next re-post the instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory of you!

12 comments:

Jim Rowley said...

Camping in the rain, camping with skunks and mice, visits to Koosharem pre-mission, painting signs, rattlesnakes, first 4-wheeler ride together, anniversary to Vegas... and many, many more. :) I love you!

hOLLIANN said...

You looked beautiful at your wedding...and, a whit wedding - what an awesome choice! Sorry we held up the ceremony. I will be forever embarrassed. Is it too late to blame the whole thing on Reg?

Scott and Amme said...

Walking in the morning--I was only walking as fast you!
Your "bruise" from the Inn that was really from a blood test!!!
Peach dessert.
Your great RS lessons--I still miss them.
Carly just loved you as a baby.

Cole and Kimala said...

Playing in your boat. Playing dress up and putting on shows. Your long hair.
When we went to see Voice Mail... I don't even remember where, but I thought it was fun.

Cole and Kimala said...

Voice Male... sorry.

Trina said...

Kristi... there are so many great memories of times we spent together it is hard to narrow it down...
The first Super Saturday when I met you.
Working together at the Inn... cleaning, talking, fixing, cleaning, talking, etc... :)
The FHE's you invited us to and for fixing dinner for us.
The yummy pizza and sugar cookies and desserts for parties, YW, showers, etc... you are an amazing cook!
Teaching in RS with you. I too loved your lessons... and our talk when you took me to lunch about my lessons...hehe.
The times you did activities for and with my kids... there were a lot of things you did for them.
For the time we spent on Ashley's couch together wondering what we should do...
For all the church activities and special occassions that you shared with us.
For the time when we came for dinner and you found out about little Julia.
For the going away BBQ and book you gave us.
There is so much I am not mentioning, but you truly are an amazing friend and I miss you. I will always be grateful for your friendship.

Shell said...

Kristi--

You do so many things...and do them so well, just like Trina said. I remember the first time I met you when we were all in Koosharem for the New Year's Eve party. I think you knew even then that you fit right in!

I also remember when we had the family camping trip down there and all the married kids went for a ride on the 4-wheelers...and you were the only girl who drove her own...I wondered if I could ever do that. I still wonder...

But some of my favorite memories happened as spontaneous playdates in the common area of the condos. I loved those afternoons when we all met on the lawn and chatted while the kids played together. We didn't know how lucky we were until we moved across town. I wish we could do that still.

(And by the way Holli, I didn't remember it was you that held up the wedding...you could've gotten away without admitting it!)

hOLLIANN said...

Did I really admit that? Well, let's just say your wedding was definitely worth the wait!

And if I were teasing Jim I would say...so was my presence at the wedding, but I really am sorry!

Heaps said...

I remember you and my sister were on dates for a dance of some sort and you were riding around Koosharem on 4-wheelers recording sounds kinda like a scavanger hunt, you asked Kenna and I to sound like littler kids and say our ABCs. Funny and weird memory I know, but I thought you might like it.

Jim Rowley said...

This comment is from Brindly!

You helped me out of the baptisimal font. You made me a candy cake on my third birthday. Me and dad made breakfast for you on your birthday.

I love you so much. You are the best mom EVER!

Camille said...

The first memories I have are of seeing your adorable family at church. I want to say you all sang in sacrament meeting one week? Am I making this up? I sat there thinking, "What a woman! Cute kids, cute mom, and they SING!" Later we had an activity for YW at June's and you brought a cute picture of your family and I sat and stared in awe and amazement as you shared your feelings about motherhood and womanhood and I said to myself, "I want to be just like her. I have got to convince her to be my friend!" And then, I found out you were moving and my heart nearly broke! Good thing I still got to see you when we went camping, and lunches at the parks, fireworks, and there better be many more etcs!!!

Heidi said...

Kristi,

I remember our RS getting to you know you night and how you pulled out your elk tooth from your brown paper bag, and thinking, I've got to get to know this girl. I remember all our walks early in the morning, and talking about good old southern Utah and our funny kids. Oh how I wish I had gotten to know you even more before we moved. You are an amazing woman.