Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jim's Remember Post

Okay, okay. At the risk of hi-jacking Kristi's blog, here is Jim's remember post!

Here are the rules:

1. Leave a comment on my blog of a memory you have of me, or of you and I together! If you only know me through the blog, list your favorite post of mine. All memories are fun and welcome!

2.Next re-post the instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory of you!

Does anyone have memories of me?

10 comments:

hOLLIANN said...

The visits - okay, before you moved we would come and visit at your house, but your mom didn't like you hanging out with "those girls". She knew we were rotten! Then after you moved you would always come over and visit at my house when you were visiting Reg. One night you and Reg had a pillow fight and broke a picture, and one night you came so late my mom said you couldn't come in! I will think of more later!

Reg said...

Jim, I blame all of my juvenile misdeeds on your influence - this is going to be really fun.

The visits Holli mentioned were of course your idea and I merely tagged along like an innocent puppy dog.

But what could be more memorable than wrecking the old Fairlane? The wreck was my fault, doing donuts on the ice right into a light pole. But I still can't believe how you helped me to cover it up. For those who don't know, we went back to my house and concocted some story about a hit and run. My mom made us report this (even though it would've been the most damage ever done in a parking lot hit & run) so Jim ran downstairs and picked up the phone and pretended to be the police taking my statement. The fake sergeant voice was classic (my mom was listening on the other phone and didn't catch on).

I also have to include some of the fastest thinking I've ever seen. On one trip to Lake Powell we didn't put enough anchors out to hold the houseboat. Before anyone noticed we were several hundred feet off the shore and the anchor lines were still attached. We had to untie the anchor lines before starting the engines; otherwise they'd get tangled in the props. So in a split second Jim decided to grab the bumper buoys and tie them to the anchor lines, allowing us to later come back and find the ridiculously expensive anchors and lines.

Jim Rowley said...

Reg, I have revisited the Fairlane memory many times through the years. My influence, or partners in crime?

hOLLIANN said...

I love how Reg is always looking for a scapegoat...now you know why he married me...and why his parents hate me...I have been blamed for many naughty things:) !

Reg said...

Oh we were definitely partners in many crimes, so to speak. But it's still tons more fun roll all the responsibility over your way.

Dub said...

First things first. The infamous phone call?... Totally Jim's idea!

Okay Jim,

Its got to be the life changing experience of watching my my first movies in Surround Sound on LaserDisc in your folks basement. To this day Days of Thunder and The hunt for Red October will always hold a special pace in my heart.

Oh and that poster in your room, that if I remember said something to the effect of.. "French horn players are the best kissers in the world, but they sure do hold you funny!"

Creamed corn
fade-away jump shots
Forever Young and Choir @ Dixon (those horrible shirts and white jeans they made us wear)

Shell said...

Here's one--
Remember the night we were out late with some friends and some guy decided that we did something he didn't like (I think he thought we were flashing our brights at him) and he turned around and started following us? We drove all over the place, even down in River Heights to try and lose him and then someone got the bright idea to go to our house and lay on the horn. Mom came out in her pajamas to see what was going on and the guy was out of his car and pounding on Mike P.'s window saying that he just wanted to beat that guy to a pulp and then he'd leave. Finally Mom got him to leave by threatening to call the police and then she asked us why we lead some crazed maniac to our house instead of pulling up to the police station. Of course that WOULD have been smarter, but...

And hey, I never heard the impersonating a cop part of the story...very interesting, you little hooligan ;)

Kristi Rowley said...

Approaching our 10 year anniversary, Jim and I have made lots of memories. Going back to the first time I ever saw him was when Jim came to Koosharem to help his uncle build an addition to his house. I was babysitting Jim's cousin and I kept watching Jim out the kitchen window as he was working. He really never did pay attention to me, but I knew who he was. I knew I never had a chance with him because my older sister was working for Jim's aunt in the cafe and she was more his age. She would get teased about him and he about her. One time one of Jim's relative's even called me by my older sister's name and asked me how Jim was doing. Well, we all know how things worked out. I have many memories of Jim coming to visit in Koosharem (ME) and alot of phone calls and letters. I have memories of the long haired, baggy pants, roller blading kid I knew and to see that he is far from that now.
I love you Jim! Thanks for loving me back!

Reg said...

dude, I love Rad. I still think of it every time I hear "Send Me An Angel". Too bad we our budding bmx careers never took off. What's not to love about that movie and really the 80s in general.

how about early morning jaunts down to the Field house? Those were good times.

Scott and Amme said...

Jim, the thing I remember most about you is when you would play with my boys and do boy things-- Ropes, motorcycles, snakes, etc. Thanks!