Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring Break

I was really dreading Spring Break this year. I wanted to do something with the girls that felt like a break from the everyday being at home scene, but I knew Jim had to work. Luckily for us, Dad had meetings in Reno during the girls' Spring Break. This made Spring Break a lot better!

Mom and Dad showed up Monday evening and stayed til Friday! (With Dad going to his meetings in Reno for 1 1/2 days).

We all loved having them here, but the girls were like spring birds. They just kept chattering and talking to Grandma and Grandpa. They wanted to tell Grandma and Grandpa anything and everything. Guess that's a girl thing. Dad now knows why I need a basement :)!
Here are a few pics of our week.
Mom made all of the girls a Raggedy Ann doll. The girls love them. Samantha kept loving hers and giving it kisses. The dolls each have their own look which gives them their own personality. They are so cute and sooo loved.


While Mom was here we tied a quilt. Brindley really got into helping. Grandma has a lot more patients than I do and took the time to teach Brindley how to tie. Grandma even undid all of the knots that were made. This is where the other 3 hung out. Playing dress up and dolls under the quilt.

I love this picture of Dad and Samantha. They are just having their own conversation. Dad is always so concerned about the little ones. He loves to watch them grow and develop. Samantha really took a liking to Grandpa while he was here. She doesn't go to other people very easy. Several times I found her sitting on his lap or him carrying her around. (It couldn't have been the fact that she loves the dog and Grandpa would take her out to see him.)

We Love you Grandma and Grandpa! Can't wait to see you again!
After Mom and Dad left the girls were bored. So, I let them paint birdhouses. The girls love to do crafty things...especially if it involves paint.
And, just for you Mom...Samantha eating a Surprise Cookie. Do you think she liked it?

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh so cute! I love the one of Grandpa and Samantha. What a good spring break! We are all so excited to see you this week!!

Unknown said...

so fun! your girls are growing up so fast. I'm glad you got to visit with your parents!

StubbsFamily said...

Your mom looks great. I bet it was great to see them.

Shell said...

I love grandma's Raggedy Ann dolls! What a fun thing for them to have! We are so excited to see you in a few days!

Alison said...

I loved all the posts and updates. You are so talented! Sewing, cooking, homemaking, you do it all!