Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sidelined

First of all I want to say, there are so many people that have inspired me with running and getting in shape. I want to share a post about them one of these soon days, but right now I am frustrated. I have been doing a running program since the first of the year. I am not a runner, so it has been a push for me. I was finally to a point that I was enjoying the running. I was feeling good with it and was quite proud of how far I had come. The last few weeks I have been running 3 miles 3 times a week. No it isn't alot, but it was good for me. Just knowing I was accomplishing it was meaning so much for me. Then the frustrating part came. The injury. Apparently I have done something to one of the muscles in my hip. The doctor told me to stop the running til it is better and that I should go see a physical therapist. SIDELINED! I was at such a sweet spot (for me) and now I have to stop. SO FRUSTRATING! So, I am going to vent about it here...because I need to let it out and because I can....it's my blog! The doc did say I can use an eliptical. Anyone that lives close by me have one they want to get rid of? Don't quite have the money to purchase one. Don't know when I would go to a gym to use one with Jim's schedule. So, once again, SIDELINED!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh I'm so sorry, that is not cool. I hope it heals quickly and you can get to running again. We would like to get an elliptical too, it would be really nice in the winter when we can't go out. Good luck, Hugs!

Chelsie Brown said...

So sorry Kristi...totally understand your frustration. 1st time I started running I got pregnant and VERY sick, second time I started running I got a knee injury. Such a bummer:(

But, I was running to get in shape and lose some weight and this is what happened...

2 months running consistantly= +1
lb

So I tried the next thing on my list...

1 month on weight watchers= -10 lbs

Scott and Amme said...

DANG! I was hoping this wouldn't happen. At least you can still exercise. I love the elliptical. Is there a 24 hour fitness in your town? I only pay $32/month and that includes unlimited childcare. If you can make it work (ie. dr. approval) I would highly recomend it. My kids like going so then I don't feel bad. What other exercises can you do? Can you cycle? I had some pain in my knees because my thigh muscles weren't strong enough and cycling is what really helped that. Don't give up. You have come so far. Like the person above said, focus on your eating while you have to take it easy. That way when you get to run again, there will be that much less to carry. I have lost 20 pounds since the beginning of December and it is so much easier to move and drag myself down that trail. Call me if you want to talk.

Anonymous said...

Don't your Huby run a rent to own store!!!!

Jessica said...

I am sorry you have to sit and wait it out! I too would love an eliptical, its on my wish list! I love having you guys here and we are counting the days till you are back! I hope that you can get back to your running soon!

Cole and Kimala said...

You need an eliptical. Especially with our line of bad knees! I love mine.