Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Easter

So, I'm a little slow posting, but wanted to share about Easter.
We took the girls to the city Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday. The hunt was divided up by age groups. 4 seperate baseball fields...one for each age group. We had a girl on each field. There were probably 1000 people/kids there. Brindley and Karissa went on their own to their field. Jim went with Lexie and I took Samantha to hers. We weren't going to have Samantha do the hunt just because she was so young and really had no idea what was going on, but then I saw the stuffed bunnies on her field. I then decided to let her do it. We waited by the edge of the field for the announcer to let everyone loose. I noticed how crazy some of the parents were, and Samantha wasn't seeming to interested, so I decided to go back and watch Lexie. I started walking away as the announcer yelled "Go". I turned back and watched as people just ran past the stuffed bunnies. I thought, well, I could atleast get Samantha a bunny. We walked out on the field with the 100's of people and got her a bunny. I did grab her a few eggs with candy...but that was more for me. It was a good outing and the kids had fun.
+++++++++
Lexie with the Easter Bunny
Lexie heading to her side of the field. Parents were not aloud to help with her age group...not even stand by them before the race.
Karissa in the light blue in the middle. Waiting for her hunt to start.
Lexie waiting and making friends.

The bunny Lexie is holding is the one Samantha got.
Coloring Easter eggs. I think Jim and I like to color them as much as the girls do.

4 comments:

Robinsons said...

It looks like you all had a good time and you got the cool weather too! Those city egg hunts are crazy. Glad everyone survived!

Jessica said...

You had a very cute eater bunny. That stuffed animal is adorable, I am glad you had fun. I am trying to get caught up, we just got our internet back today, it has been a week with out, and it was killing me! Such cute pictures!!

Sandra said...

Looks like lots of fun. I would think that they would all want the stuffed animals before the candy? I guess not. Glad you were able to snag some for yourself. :)

Green Eyed Girl Crafts said...

That looks tooo fun! I'm glad you had a good time!

I've changed again... deleted the old "family blogs" and Josh and I have a new one...

http://greeneyedgirltoo.blogspot.com/

Huggies to all!

Vicki