I'm no professional when it comes to sewing, but I do enjoy doing it. I love to see the finished product when I'm all done. While sewing I could hear Mrs. Anderson's voice telling me..."Don't sew over the pins." "You need to pick that out." "Make sure you iron your seams open."
*************
I wanted my girls to have matching Easter dresses this year, but couldn't afford buying a new dress for each of them. I luckily went to JoAnne's on a day that their patterns were on sale for $1.49! Usually they are around $15.00. I also found some fabric that was on sale. I made the two dresses and two skirts for about $60. I'm pleased with how they turned out.
**********
Samantha wouldn't hold still for her picture, so you get her dancing!

I unpicked different parts of Lexie's dress several times. It pays to read the pattern instructions all the way through, then reread as you are sewing.

Brindley and Karissa's skirts were different styles, but they still look quite a bit alike.


The best part....They actually wear them. They have worn them two weeks in a row to church. (OK, so maybe I told them to). But I didn't get much fight from them. Does that mean they like them?

Since we were taking pictures, and we were all still in our Sunday clothes, we did a quick family picture.

And yes, I'm proud to say, I made me a skirt also. I have been looking for a new one for quite some time. I knew I wanted a red skirt, so while at JoAnne's I found some fabric that I loved. I'm excited to make a couple different ones....now that I have the pattern.
10 comments:
Kristi, I LOVE them!!! I have always been impressed with your sewing and quilting skills. BTW, you look great, I love the family picture. I was going to ask about your skirt, great color, it looks so good!!
Cute! Cute! Cute! You did a fabulous job! You all look wonderful!
WAY TO GO! I ALWAYS TALK ABOUT DOING THAT BUT THEN... I DON'T! I need to get brave. You did a Fabulous Job!
Way to go! It makes me want to pull out the sewing machine!!! I love seeing your family picture =) Very cute!!!
Kristi, they are adorable....good job you! I wish I could have the time to do that :) Your girls are so cute and are lucky to have such a good mom.
Wow I'm impressed! They look great.
That is impressive! They are so cute.
Way to go! That is quite the achievement. Your family photos are always so fun to see.
Kristi, they turned out darling! (And it doesn't hurt that the girls IN them are so darling too!) I love your skirt...the color is so pretty. I think you are great at just trying to do thing even when you don't feel like you're the best at it. Everything you do turns out well.
I am proud of you Kristi. They are really cute. Would have liked to see you and the girls in them.
Post a Comment