Thursday, January 6, 2011

December 17th......

Yes, I did have a birthday...and I am actually younger than I kept thinking I was.  Guess that's always good.  As I was awoken by a choir of heavenly angels singing happy birthday to me, I realized that we were finishing the Book of Mormon on this day....my Birthday.  It hit me then that the first time I finished reading the Book of Mormon by myself was exactly 15 years earlier....on my birthday.  I thought that was cool.  It got me thinking of other birthdays and things that I did that stuck out.  Here's a few things I have done on my birthday.

*Broke my arm the night before my birthday...Got the cast on My Birthday. (3rd grade)
*I was baptized on my birthday and that was the year my friend gave me a coloring book that was as tall as me.  I still have that coloring.
*Dad picked Julianne, Suzanne and I up at school and we drove to Richfield in one of the worst driving conditions I have seen just so we could go to the movie "Home Alone".
*Of course getting my driver's license is memorable...I missed school that day to go to Richfield to get it.
They gave me an adult driver's license when I was 16!
*Hiked down Koosharem Canyon with Jim, Cory and Ryan. Yes, it was in December, and yes, there was alot of snow.
*Finishing the Book of Mormon for the first time by myself when I was 18.
*Finishing the Book of Mormon for the third time with my family.

So, that's obviously only a few birthdays, but those are some of the things I remember sticking out to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about getting flowers from your future brother in law

Kristi Rowley said...

OH! How did I forget that one! Yes, I got flowers from Rich for my birthday while Jim was on his mission.