Friday, October 1, 2010

My cup is filling.....already.

I am really looking forward to this weekend.  We are so lucky to get the opportunity to listen to the leaders of our church.  As I think about this weekend and how wonderful I feel after listening to the messages, I am already getting excited to have that spiritual "HIGH" again.
Today I am also feeling especially blessed.  Today marks 5 years since I started one of the hardest trials I have ever dealt with.  One of the hardest, but one that I was blessed the most with.  Yes, I am scentimental and like to remember certain dates and events that happen in the past, but I look at how far we have come in those 5 years, and how that ONE event has helped me get through other trials.  Because of what I have learned I would never change what I went through back then.  I have a healthy, beautiful, strong-headed, funny, gifted, happy, almost five year old.  I have a closeness with Jim that I wouldn't have had if we hadn't gone through this.  I have two daughters who understand how fragile life is and how important it is to pray to our Heavenly Father, and how important families are to help hold each other together.  I have a 19 month old who reminds me everyday what the most important thing is....FAMILY!  She also reminds me that though things may not go as planned one time, they will or can be different the next time.

3 comments:

Scott and Amme said...

I can't believe it has been 5 years. It has gone so fast. Thanks for sharing. Love you.

Jessica said...

Wow, that cannot be 5 years already! But I also can't imagine life without Lexie, it seems she has always been here. Its nice to take a walk down memory lane and see how far we have come. Thanks for sharing it.

Sandra said...

I'm shocked that it was five years ago too. Time goes fast. I can't imagine how hard that trial would be. Thankfully everything turned out okay. Love ya!