Kokanee Salmon run in Taylor Creek....Lake Tahoe
Alot of people go to Taylor Creek to see the Salmon.....which are quite neat to see, but when we go, we are hoping to see more than just the salmon.
Do you really think we can see what we came for when there are 8 kids in tow?
Yes, we were able to see what we REALLY came to see! Actually I was the only one who saw this bear. It was across the highway and we didn't want to take all the kids across with all the cars.
This is the first time I have seen a bear in the wild!
We were just heading back to the cars when we saw a guy pointing to something up high in the trees. I went over and asked what he was pointing at and he showed me another bear. This one was just hanging out in the tree. We apparently had walked by it and didn't even know. Now we know to look up too! The kids did see this bear. They were pretty excited.
It was getting dark so it is hard to make out the bear in the pictures.
We had been told by other people that there were a few other bears wondering around too. We had just missed them while we were checking out the fish. We definately will be going back for some more BEAR WATCHING!!



6 comments:
Awesome pictures!! I love the salmon... nature is one of my favorite places to be. :)
*like*
LOL Great pictures, Kristi (& Jim!)
THAT IS SO COOL!!!
How fun. Can't help but thing of the movie Brother Bear. :)
Don't get tooooo close! I'd hate to read about you in my next bear attack book!!!!
Love ya!
Suz
Lucky! Ive always to see a bear in the wild!
Post a Comment