Friday, May 8, 2009

Why I Love Mom

Amber sent this to me and I had to post it. I soooo feel this way today, trying to get the house ready for the realtor. I have wiped the kitchen counter off three times in the last hour. And as I type this I hear the kids in the kitchen again. Here goes the 4th time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mom and Dad were watching TV when Mom said, 'I'm tired, and it's getting late. I think I'll go to bed'.She went to the kitchen to make sandwiches for the next day's lunches.Rinsed out the popcorn bowls, took meat out of the freezer for supper the following evening, checked the cereal box levels, filled the sugar container, put spoons and bowls on the table and started the coffee pot for brewing the next morning. She then put some wet clothes in the dryer, put a load of clothes into the washer ,ironed a shirt and secured a loose button.She picked up the game pieces left on the table, put the phone back on the charger and put the telephone book into the drawer. She watered the plants, emptied a wastebasket and hung up a towel to dry..She yawned and stretched and headed for the bedroom. She stopped by the desk, wrote a note to the teacher, counted out some cash for the field trip, and pulled a text book out from hiding under the chairWrote a quick note for the grocery store. She put both near her purse.Mom then washed her marykay face with 3 in 1 cleanser, put on her night solution & age fighting moisturizer, brushed and flossed her teeth and filed her nails.Dad called out, 'I thought you were going to bed.''I'm on my way,' she saidShe put some water into the dog's dish then made sure the doors were locked and the patio light was on.She looked in on each of the kids and turned out their bedside lamps and TV's, hung up a shirt, threw some dirty socks into the hamper, and had a brief conversation with the one up still doing homework. In her own room, she set the alarm; laid out clothing for the next day, straightened up the shoe rack. She added three things to her 6 most important things to do list. She said her prayers, and visualized the accomplishment of her goals.About that time, Dad turned off the TV and announced to no one in particular. 'I'm going to bed'And he did..without another thought.Anything extraordinary here? Wonder why women live longer...?Cause we are made for the long haul....(and we can't die sooner, we still have things to do!!!!).

3 comments:

Trina said...

Kristi I love this! There is so much truth to it I don't know whether to laugh or cry... Good luck with the house and moving. It seems so overwhelming but I remember telling myself... "This too shall pass" and it does. Hang in there. :)

Megan Guymon said...

Hey Kristi...nice background! Ha ha. I had to get the bunnies off mine! I am just a little slow! So, for Addi's hair I found this stuff at Sally Beauty Supply. It is mad by ion and is called curl defining styling creme for fine/normal hair. They also have it for more coarse hair. I love it. I just put it in her hair wet and then let it dry on its own...usually. Sometimes on Sundays I will difuse it to give it more curl, her hair on top of her head isn't as curly. Who knows, maybe in a few years all she will have is a wave! Hope all is well with you. When are you moving?

Robinsons said...

All I have to say is AMEN!!!!!