I am so thankful that Heavenly Father gave me the blessing of being a mother. I love my daughters so much. I love watching them grow and learn new things. I love watching them experience joy. I love watching them being sisters. They have taught me so much. I am the luckiest mom ever!
This Mother's Day it was Jim's weekend to be gone. I planned my menu and thought it would be fun to let the girls help me prepare my Mother's Day dinner. After a pitty party on Friday, I called Jim to share it with him. In our conversation Jim said, "I know you don't want to hear this, but would you call and cancel the plans we made for the 16th?" (The weekend he was supposed to be home.) He continued, "I won't be home that weekend." My emotions got the best of me and I couldn't speak. I was hoping he would say what he then said. After a long pause, he said, "I will be home tomorrow. I thought it would be important for me to be home on Mother's Day." I still couldn't speak.
Thank you Jim for coming home. It may not have been just for Mother's Day, but for a time that I needed you most. I love you!
This is my "Breakfast in Bed!" A donut, a glass of chocolate milk, and fake flowers that I had in the basement. It made for some good laughs to start the morning out.
For dinner Brindley was so determined to help. She kept telling me to write the instructions down so she could do it. Jim helped her with the chicken while Karissa peeled potatoes. Lexie made a yummy green salad. As I was showing Lexie how to tear the lettuce I told her to tear it small enough that it would fit into her mouth. Not a good way to tell her. She started to put the pieces in her mouth to see if they fit.
After dinner the girls gave me several pictures that they drew and colored. They are so thoughtful!
Brindley, Karissa, Lexie, and Samantha, I love you so much and I am so glad that I can be your mom. Thanks for having patients with me and for loving me back.


4 comments:
What can I say to that but you are so lucky. Being a mom is the hardest and most rewarding job in the world. Keep up the good work!!!
That is so nice that he was able to come home! That beats any store bought gift.
i love that!!!! that is too funny!! I love checking out your blog..it's always so fun! can't wait to see you guys in July!! love you!
thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I hope you had a great Mother's Day. Your family is so cute!I love the pic of the breakfast. I laughed for at least 5 minutes straight!
Post a Comment