Monday, May 4, 2009

After the start of a very nerve racking day, I wanted to post some of the funny things Lexie has said. She knows alot more than I give her credit for. I couldn't help but laugh at these.

Conversation #1

A few weeks ago I was looking at the paper and she saw a toy add. Here's our conversation:

Lexie: I need that (pointing at the add).
Mom: No you don't.
L: Yes I do! I don't have enough toys.

With that being said, here are the pictures I took a month ago of their playroom. Yes, I know it is a wreck and I wasn't going to post them, but after her supposedly not having enough toys, I had too.
Before

During

I don't have an after picture, but they have kept it pretty clean since.

Conversation #2

Last week I spent several hours cleaning in the kitchen. When Brindley and Karissa got home I told them to not leave crumbs around and to take care of their school stuff because I had worked very hard to get the kitchen clean. Lexie added by telling them that she had worked "Very Easy"! I think her working easy was what made my working hard.

Conversation #3

I was reading the paper the other morning and Lexie sat down with me and picked up the previous days paper. She opened it up just like we all do and pretended to look at it. She was looking at the comic section when she said,

Lexie: Is that Pres. Obama?

Mom: Ok, Hello! What did you just say?

L: Is that Pres. Obama?

Later that night Lexie and I were laying on my bed when the news came on. I wasn't watching paying attention to it when she said:

L: That's him....Pres. Obama! He's for us isn't he!

She obviuosly knows who Pres. Obama is, but I don't know where she is getting he is for us!!!

Conversation #4

Lexie said the F word the other day....Yes, she said Farted! I may be a little old fashioned, but I would prefer my kids not say certain words. I lightly spatted her on the bottom and she said to me, " You need to spank harder. That didn't hurt!"

Conversation #5

Lexie is very thoughtful when she is praying and she makes sure that we say certain things when we pray, like "thank you for the snow, thank you for our hearts, thank you for Grandma and Grandpa." As she said the blessing on the food the other day, she said all of the above, then added, "Please bless that no one will break into our house." At this time I looked up at her to see her hold her hand up like a gun and say, "If they do we will get a gun and shoot them!" So beware, Lexie let Heavenly Father know what we will do if you break into our house!

Conversation #6

Karissa and Lexie had been arguing and fighting all evening. They both kept tattling on each other and I was getting very tired of it. I finally went into their room and told them to fight!!! I really wanted to see what my 3 year old could do to my 6 year old. They started slapping each other the whole time giggling. I told them that wasn't fighting and I wanted them to fight. They continued the slapping with a little more intensity. I just kept telling them, "Come on, fight!" Pretty soon Lexie (my 3 year old) steps back, folds her arms and says, "Karissa, this doesn't feel very right." Holy cow, I didn't expect it to end this way. I thought for sure I was going to have to lecture them. They both through their arms around each other and hugged! Once again I was brought to tears by the inspiration of my three year old.

7 comments:

Amber Bradley said...

lol those are hilarious! It is nice to be able to laugh with them along the tears they bring us!

Megan Guymon said...

What a sweetheart! She sounds like fun to be around. I love that about 3 year olds! Addi has started to say to the rest of us..."stop fighting," whenever anyone raises their voice or anything. What great reminders they are!

Sandra said...

Oh I love your last conversation, how cute. I'll have to try that...hopefully I get the same outcome :) LOL about not spanking her hard enough.

Scott and Amme said...

Soooooo funny, I miss your girls. Lexie is too cute!

Jessie said...

Those conversations are GREAT!!! Way to write them down... I never do and then later I wish I had! :)

The Busey Family said...

Kids say the darndest things...remember that show with Bill Cosby. That is what I think of! She is hilarious. I love it.

hOLLIANN said...

Those are so cute! Hope you are doing well without Jim...I need some pointers for sanity!