Friday, November 14, 2008

Majesty of Creation

We live in the most beautiful place. This is a photo from our back yard...


Recently there was a sunrise that made the field appear a beautiful yellow, the sky pink and the leaves (changing colors on the trees) were enhanced 1000 times. Wasn't fast enough to get a pic in full splendor, but here is my late attempt.



Sunsets here are beautiful too. Kristi spotted this one, the last of the sun over the mountains, once again, from our back yard. It was pretty much dark, but very bright orange over the mountain.



Kristi, Lexie and I rode up the Blacksmith Fork canyon the other day, less than a mile from our house, during the storm. We stopped and took this picture on the way down. btw... still no elk at Hardware Ranch yet this year.


I am so grateful for the blessings we have, and for the creation. As Kristi and I were talking yesterday morning, she said, "If this world represents the Telestial kingdom, how beautiful will the Celeltial be?"

8 comments:

Unknown said...

No kidding! I wonder that myself! I imagine pretty spectacular though!! Great pics of the sunset. Ryan and I always seemed to be taking great shots of the sunset when we lived in Cache Valley, it is so beautiful there.

Sandra said...

That is a good question. Pretty pictures. When do the elk usually show up at Hardware Ranch?

The Mann Clann said...

It's SO beautiful - I hope you NEVER want to leave!!!!

The Godoy's said...

I am so jealous! I wish my backyard was like that..but no...sad but no!!! I sure miss you guys!!!! We will be in Koosh for Christmas..are you going to be around?

Jessica said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes Kristi. I had a great day. It was well spent with my family! We even got away for dinner and a movie. Talk to you soon!

marie said...

It is Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing:)

hOLLIANN said...

Those really are amazing pictures. Hope you guys are good...Happy Thanksgiving!

TheWillsonHeritageLink said...

Jim and Kristi...This is the first we have been able to access your family blog. It is beautiful! But, please explain the baby naming thing. Is there something you forgot to tell us? We also looked at Cole and Amy´s blog...We love you all just like our own.
Much love,
billandmarj