Friday, November 28, 2008

Alot to be Thankful for.....

It has been a long week and I just wanted to say thank you to all of those that prayed and showed concern in any way for Mom and the family. We all had some pretty neat experiences this week that were given to us because of the spirit and the knowledge we have of the gospel. So again, Thank you! We definately felt the prayers that were offered in our behalf. I personally felt a joy that is indescribable. That joy that makes you cry and you are so happy inside.
So here is the update on Mom. She made it through a 6 hour surgery. Her heart seemed to respond very well with the new "Pig Valve". She didn't have to be put on a machine while her new valve got used to working with the artificial valve that she already has. She is still in ICU and will be for a few more days then moved to a regular room. Because of her delicate condition before surgery it will take a little longer for her to fully recover, but we couldn't ask for anything more. She has been wiggling her feet as if she were dancing and lastnight she even sang the alphabet backwards. Anyway, thanks again for the love and concern. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know I did!

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Thats great that the surgery went well. She's doing really good if she can sing the alphabet backwards, I can't even do that :)

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

YAY! I am so glad to hear the surgery went well and that your mom is on her way back to being her cheerful self! We love you all. Happy Thanksgiving!

The Mann Clann said...

I'm relieved to know that all went well. I've been wondering how you were doing, thanks for the update!

Scott and Amme said...

I am so happy that your mom is doing well and in good spirits and that her surgery went great. Hang in there. We love you and it was great to see you the other night.

MJ said...

I'm so glad things went well, and that she's on her way to a full recovery!

Cale and Cortney said...

So glad that her surgery went well. Hopefully she is up and about soon. Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving. Hey, what is Suzanne up to these days?

The Godoy's said...

I am so glad that all went well..we love you guys!! I am glad you are doing well..give your mom a big hug for us next time you see her..love you!