Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Traditions

I am one that is big on traditions. I love the Holidays and the traditions that come with them. Since Thanksgiving is here, I thought I would see what some of your traditions are with food for the big feast. Of course I love all the food at Thanksgiving. I really like the leftovers. That's why we always have our own turkey, yams, stuffing, pie and everything else at our own house even if we are going to family's house for the day. So here is one thing that I love to have with my mashed potatoes.... It's regular turkey gravy (made off of the turkey drippings), then Mom adds homemade noodles to it. Like the noodles you put in chicken noodle soup. That mixed with the mashed potatoes are so yummy. Another food that I remember having all the time at Thanksgiving is the green jello with cottage cheese and pineapple in it. The cottage cheese would give the jello a creamy texture. And yes, it has to be done in the jello mold. I can't say I ate alot of this, but it is tradition. So what are some of the things that you do that may be a little different than others. I would love to hear others food traditions! Happy Thanksgivng!!!

7 comments:

Lacy said...

kristi my mom does the noodle thing to and it is all our fav. my dad really loves it. i will be praying for your family good luck.

Shell said...

Cute new pictures! Hope your mom's surgery goes well tomorrow! (Oh, and I think you know all my traditions!)

The Mann Clann said...

I love Thanksgiving. I can't really think of anything that sets it apart except the mashed potatoes have to be REAL!!! Just wanted to let you know we'll be thinking about you and praying for your mom.

MJ said...

My favorite food at Thanksgiving is actually a tradition I learned from my cute husband, but I love it. It's turkey/cranberry sandwiches (on the leftover rolls of course)! My mom always makes a cheeseball and has that with crackers sitting out for a while before we eat. Yum! Okay, it's 8 a.m. and I'm getting hungry! Your family's in my prayers today!

Sandra said...

Wow the mash potatoes with noodles sounds so yummy! I too love homemade gravy from the turkey drippings. Kevin's family has a tradition of a Pie night. Since everyone is always so stuffed after eating they have Pie the night before Thanksgiving. I like this tradition since Pie is so yummy and you don't want to make yourself sick after eating a large meal.

The Knight's said...

You know that my mother's layered jello is a big hit at thanksgiving...and can you believe we are skipping that one this year. all the sisters are coming to my house but mom said she made one since terrell and his fam are home. we love you all and are thinking about you!

TheWillsonHeritageLink said...

When we get home...be sure to ask about the ´"drunken turkey¨"...sooo delicious. Love the new picures.
Bill and Marj