I don't even know where to start this post. I am filled with so many emotions right now. We have been so blessed and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for what he has blessed me with. We are now at the point in our pregnancy that my water broke when I was pregnanct with Lexie. The point that changed so many things in our lives. I have been watching for this week to come. I have been nervous and very anxious. Every day and week that goes by from here on out in this pregnancy (without delivering a baby until Feb.) will be a big sigh of relief. My doctor says that everything is going good and that he doesn't expect me to go through what I went through last time. It has helped to have a few distractions so I am not thinking about my pregnancy. Although the distractions are ones we don't wish for, we are growing and learning from them. So, once again, I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the things he has blessed me with. I feel trials are a blessing. I know it is hard getting through them and yes, I wonder sometimes why Heavenly Father is doing this to me, but that's also when I think, I need to talk to my Heavenly Father and get his help and feel his comfort. Which I have indeed felt. I have had to travel to Salt Lake several times by myself in the last month. I have felt quite lonely and wished that Jim and the girls were with me. As that thought has arrived I have felt that little kick or squirm in my belly that reminds me I'm not alone. That little spirit inside of me is here to comfort me and be with me at this time when I can't be with Jim and the girls. And what a comfort it has been.Going to Salt Lake has been one of the distractions I was talking about. My mom is back in the hospital and is scheduled to have surgery the day before Thanksgiving. She has retained so much water that they are trying to get it drained off before the surgery. She is doing well. I guess this is her way of getting us all together for Thanksgiving. Just kidding... we love our mom and know that there will be plenty of leftover turkey for us somewhere.
Another distraction we are still experiencing is the job. We still haven 't found a job. I know many of you know what that is like.... the stress and worry, so I will just leave it at that.
Our third distraction came yesterday morning when we found out that one of Jim's good friends had passed away. It's been a numbing experience and kinda shook us up a little. As Jim said, you never know how you are going to react to a situation like this. You can expect grandparents to die, but to have someone so young pass on, it's kind of hard to take. "We know we will see you again Joey. Thanks for being such a good friend to Jim. Our prayers are with Kate and all your family. We will always cherish the times we went to the rodeo with you guys and how you would buy cotton candy just for our girls. We love you!
So, now to start a new day and see what surprises await us........ I think I might go buy a turkey today!


8 comments:
I'm so glad that we all have blogs. I love reading about your family and how you are doing. Thank you for posting about your thoughts and testimony. It is hard, but it is so good to know that we are not alone even though sometimes it feels like we are. I have the lds blog feeds on my Yahoo and this one was on there the day before I took my day off. :)
"In this age of one hour dry cleaning and one minute fast food franchises, it may at times seem to us as though a loving Heavenly Father has misplaced our precious promises or He has put them on hold or filed them under the wrong name. . . ."When heaven's promises sometimes seem afar off, I pray that each of us will embrace these exceeding great and precious promises and never let go. . . . God will remember you." Spencer J. Condie, "Claim the Exceeding Great and Precious Promises," Ensign, Nov. 2007, 18
Hang in there and know you are in our prayers. :)
Beautiful post, it is nice to hear your strength through these trials. Have you found out what your having yet?
Life does seem overwhelming! Things always seem to work out, it is just so difficult to wait until that day! What a strong trust you have in Heavenly Father, and that will help you through each suprise. We have your family in our prayers!
I had to post again because you updated your pictures and I had to tell you that I LOVE them! Your family is so beautiful. I love that fall picture of the girls by the rocks. We miss you guys.
Isn't it amazing how our most challenging times can also be some of our best. Unfamiliar ground is really humbling, and creates an environment where we're willing to let ourselves grow. I've been thinking about you all week and I'm so glad things are going well with your pregnancy. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers this week, and sure hope Wednesday goes well. I love your new pictures! Your girls are beautiful!
Cute new pictures, and you and your family will be in our prayers. I hope all goes well. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!
I am so sorry about your mom. I hope her surgery will go well. I love the new pictures. I hope we can see you tomorrow.
A speaker in church last week taught that "Gratitude is the key to happiness". I really like that idea and believe it to be true. Life is so hard but we have much to be thankful for.
p.s. I love your family pictures!! Who took them and where were they taken? I have such stress getting by family together for a picture. You are all so photogenic and they all look great.
Post a Comment