Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Refreshing Afternoon

So many of you know how I love to be on the mountain. I love the fresh air and peacefulness and who knows, maybe we will see some kind of wildlife! A week ago or so I asked Jim if we could ride with him on the mountain to see if we could find some elk. He was hesitant to take me because of my condition, but I was able to persuade him that I would be ok. As soon as the kids got out of school we left with plenty of treats on hand. We went to an area that I had never been before. There were plenty of other hunters around, so we didn't really hunt any, but we did have fun getting away for a few hours. I have asked Jim if we can go for a ride again, but he says he doesn't know if he can handle another ulcer. He apparently was really worried about how rough the road was on the baby and I. I sure do love him! Here are a few pictures of our afternoon.

11 comments:

Sandra said...

HOLY CROW I didn't know you were pregnant, congrats!!! When are you due?

Nicole said...

Congratulations on being pregnant. How exciting. Ok, I saw below that you bottled some pears. Any suggestions??? I want do some but I hear getting the skin off of them is tricky!

Kristi Rowley said...

We (yes, Jim helps me with the bottling) use a potato/vegetable peeler to get the peel off. It works great!

The Mann Clann said...

I love Lexie's face in the "family picture". Gotta love 'em! Looks like fun.

Shell said...

How fun! I love your new fall background.

Jessica said...

Cute! I am glad Jim takes such great care of you! Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Kalli said...

your girls are so beautiful! I love the pics of them sitting on the log.

Unknown said...

Hey Kristy, I saw you by subway, just in case you didn't know it was me. Lexie is getting so big. I wish we could have visited a bit but life moves to fast. Ryan was turkey hunting that day so I was with a friend. No he did not get anything, but he did get to hike with a gun all day, he's pretty sore. Anyways, I thought I would clarify that I was yelling your name. How is the pregnancy going?

Trina said...

It is seriously so beautiful there in the mountains. I miss the crisp fall air in Cache Valley. It looks like you had a good time. I love seeing the pictures of your family. You all look so happy. :) Hope things are going well for you guys.

Kellee said...

Kristi!!! I just saw your link on Felicia's blog. I have been thinking about you! Congrats on being pregnant. Your little Lexie is beautiful and has really grown. I've seen your sister-in-law in the hallway at church but I've been too shy to say hi because I don't know if she remembers me.

hOLLIANN said...

Fun pictures!