"Honey!"
"What mom"
"I am going shopping, Honey"
"Okay mom"
etc. etc., on and on...
I'm sure you can imagine my delight this morning when Lexie came to me and said "let's go outside and play cars". We went out, made some roads in the flowerbed (shh, don't tell Kristi), and were driving "in the mountains". Then I hear Lexie having this 2 way conversation to herself:
"Mom!"
"What Honey"
"I got stuck in the mountains"
"I'll call teenager (tow mater, my car) to come get you..."
It turns out that Lexie is getting smarter, and has learned a new way to get around my regular reluctance to play barbies... we play dolls with cars!
Here are 2 cars having a conversation with one another. They have to get nose to nose, then they can see each other!
This is mom having a conversation with teenager. I believe mom is telling me I need to go get some gas.


8 comments:
That is so cute! You don't even need boys in the house, they would be run out with all the estrogen! I think the roads were a cute idea!! Lexie is getting so big, I love their thought process, Its fun to see their minds working and trying to figure things out.
Little kids are great. And playing dolls with cars has go to be better than playing dolls with dolls right?
Thats funny! I'm sure she thought that was great to make the roads in the dirt.
Thanks for the great laugh! We need to have your barbie players come over and play with our barbie players than we'll all be happy (and maybe I'll be able to get something done without the guilt).
So cute...dolls or cars...no matter...Lexi is adorable!
That is the cutest story I have heard in a long time! My day with Carly often sounds the same (minus the cars) except she calls it Mom and Sweety.
Jim- You are a cute daddy! Your Lexie is lucky to have such a good playmate!
That is cute. She is growing up so much. You are a great dad to your little girls. :)
Post a Comment