Kristi surprised me this father's day with an archery elk tag. I am very excited about this for a couple of reasons. First, I have never hunted with my bow, and I am looking forward to the opportunity, and second, neither Kristi nor I drew out for any of our hunts this year, so this will give me the chance to go anyway. I took an opportunity yesterday to go scout a new area for the upcoming hunt. We ran across some beautiful country. We started up Logan canyon, with a destination of some springs that are rumored to have some good elk. Mike came with me, and we logged about 5 hours on the four wheelers. Here are some pictures of one spot that was particularly pretty. You could see for 5 mountain ranges, well into Wyoming.



Mike with a dirty face and an incredible background. I was glad Mike came along for the ride.

I'm actually talking on the phone. At an elevation of 9000 feet, I could get a signal. I called Kristi and dad just to say hi.



It was a great ride, and we found some good hunting area. I am looking forward to the hunt! I'll update you later!
8 comments:
Am I so jealous I can't stand it, yes. Grrr. You are making it really hard to be happy with Phoenix by sharing all these beautiful pictures. Good luck with the hunt. It will obviously be fun but we hope it is successful too.
I agree. Look at those beautiful mountains! I guess we can find beauty wherever we are though. I think it is pretty here and I loved the high blue skies, sunsets, and palm trees of AZ. :)
Kristi is amazing to get such a meaningful gift. Have fun hunting... and be careful... it sounds a little scary to a city girl... :) Miss you guys.
You know, there's a twelve point elk that's all the rage here in Wayne County...maybe you should head South to hunt.
Great pictures! We are excited to be moving closer to that.
Kristi, you are such a good wife!! Good luck with the hunt...we'll have to compare this fall after I get my big bull...hehehe.
Wow you guys have had some big changes! Well Good luck with both hunts! About the job hunt maybe you should look down here-dream location. The Wayne County Sherriffs department is looking for a new deputy and I can totally see you doing that! Plus it would be great having you guys closer! Good luck with everything we'll keep you in our prayers!
How fun for you! Norman is a big archery hunter and got drawn for cow elk this Sept. He kept complaining that he wanted me to go with him and so I told him I would go if I had my own bow. Kristi...you have got to get your own. It makes it so fun. Norman's dad actually got me one last Christmas. Good luck, we hope to see some pics of a BBD!!
I'm not really posting on the hunting (although you're welcome to take Rory if you want). I just have to say that I knew you were truly kindred spirits when I heard the John Denver on your playlist. I'm a huge fan and it just confirms you guys are awesome!
Post a Comment