No pictures, but it has been soo good being home. As soon as we hit the Utah border all the girls cheered, "YEAH UTAH"! Of course Mom had a wonderful dinner for us. It adds so much to have a home cooked meal and I didn't have to cook it, then on top of that, it was Mom's cookin'! Dad is always concerned about us, making sure we are comfortable. He covers us with blankets if we look cold and will dish us a bowl of icecream just because!
I loved going to church on Sunday in my home ward. Seeing all the ladies that were my leaders growing up and all the ones I looked up to was so comforting. That's the part about living in a small town, all the mom's look out for each others kids. There were lots of hugs given out and as I recieved hugs, my little Samantha who was standing to the side of me would reach up and want a hug too. She recieved just as many hugs as me.
The girls have been gathering eggs and having up close experiences with the horse. They have been exploring the corall and Dr. Browns. They have been playing with cousins when the cousins aren't in school. Lexie loves that I let her cross the street by herself so she can go visit Tina at the cafe and have an icecream cone. Even though they have had their TV time, I still think it has been less than at our place in Carson City.
Even with out of state plates on my car, people still wave. I Love it! I took a trip to Richfield to run a few errands. Things have changed, but the people are the same. The same checker was at the grocery store that was there 20 years ago.
Jim has been working this week and traveling. He surprised me Monday night by driving up from St. George. He is such a turkey! And I Love Him because he will do things like that. He stayed the night then left early Tuesday to head to Arizona.
Today I took Samantha for a drive to get her to sleep for her nap. We went on an old dirt road that goes out around town. I was able to just overlook the valley. What a beautiful place Koosharem is. Lot's of fond memories of playing with cousins, changing sprinkler pipes with my brother, riding our bikes everywhere, playing softball on the square, cleaning motel rooms, working at the cafe. So many other memories. I am such a sentimental person. It has been a comfort to be here.
Back at It
7 years ago


4 comments:
I'm glad that you got to go home, I just loved growing up in a small town. I hope you get to relax and put up your feet for a minute!!
I am so sentimental as well, there's nothing like going home and being with my Mom.
I can't believe how BIG Richfield is getting :)
glad you had fun
Kristi I love reading your blog!! Can I be honest... I got a bit teary eyed when I was reading it just cause I remember lots of wonderful memories with you and I am so glad I got to grow up with you :) I would love to see you so bad I wish that we could find a day just to eat a small lunch in richfield before you have to go back!! let me know k :)
Love ya my dear friend...
Ann
I'm glad you guys got to go home. It's always great to get a break from the routine.
Post a Comment