Sunday, March 7, 2010

Samantha's Birthday

Yes, Samantha's birthday was over 2 weeks ago, but I still wanted to post pics of her birthday and share my Little Sunshine with you.
Samantha's new adventure is walking. She started walking just before her birthday, but it wasn't until now that she loves the fact that she can just walk where ever she wants. She used to just always try to get to me. Now that she can walk she goes exploring in the house. She loves to play in her sisters' rooms and get into what ever they leave out. I have even caught her climbing already. She has climbed onto the kitchen chair. I thought the climbing didn't start for another several months. Samantha loves her sisters. She especially loves Karissa. If Mom isn't paying attention to Samantha then she finds Karissa. Samantha loves to copy what others do. She will scream when the girls scream. She dances when the others dance. She loves to "toss it" when we play patty cake. She loves being outside. She loves Rocky and gets very mad if someone goes to take care of him without her. She loves bathtime. She loves to empty everything....cupboards, garbages, laundry baskets, boxes. Anything that is in it's place can not stay there. Samantha loves to eat whatever we are eating. I still am feeding her baby food, but if there is other people eating by her then she will not eat any baby food. I took Samantha in for her 1 year checkup. She is very healthy, but just like my other girls she is small. She weighed 17 lbs even and is 28.5 inches long.
I have really enjoyed having Samantha in our family. I can't believe she is already one. She brightens my day and makes me smile so much. I love snuggling with her and rocking her everyday for her nap. Love you Baby Doll!
Another one of Samantha's favorite things to do is cuddle and snuggle with blankets and pillows. For her birthday I made her a quilt and a matching pillow. They are so soft and cuddley. Here she is cuddling with her new blankie and pillow just after she opened them.


I love making my girls' birthday cakes. This lady bug was soo fun to do and she loved it.


I tried to sit her on the counter to get her picture with her cake but she wouldn't leave it alone. This is the best pic I got before we gave it to her.


This is the best part. As Lexie says, "DIG IN!"
Samantha was even willing to share with everyone. Check out those black hands!
All done!
Headed to the tub!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

She is so CUTE! I LOVE, LOVE the blanket and pillow, they are adorable. So cute with the cake, if you recall from my kids' birthdays, they have all been afraid of their cakes, and cry when I stick their hands into them. Happy Birthday Samantha, we miss you, and can't wait to see you!!!! (so not fair that she is walking already, it doesn't seem like she is big enough yet!)

Heidi said...

That blanket looks so soft and cuddly and she is the cutest thing snuggling up to it. I love the cake. What did you make the antennas out of?

Robinsons said...

What a little angle face - I love those first birthdays where they just want to eat cake. Happy Birthday Samantha.

Jessie said...

I can't believe she's soooo big! I LOVE her blanket and pillow!!!

Shell said...

So cute! I love the bright colors on the blanket..and that cute soft fuzzy side (are those bumps hearts?). Allie has a blanket with that kind of material and I love it. The lady bug was adorable, as were the photos of her enjoying it!

Sandra said...

She is adorable!!! So cute. I love that cake, you are so creative! PS your highchair is in much better condition than ours :)