Monday, March 22, 2010

Let's go to Sacramento for the Weekend!

A couple of weeks ago Jim talked me into getting away to Sacramento for the weekend. Yes, he really did have to talk me into going, but by the time we got back home I was so glad we went.

I have never been to Sacramento. The drive was beautiful. We went from 6 feet of snow along the side of the road to green grass within 5 miles. Tell's you how fast you drop in elevation.

We actually surprised the girls with the trip. I packed bags for them without them knowing. When we got up Saturday we told the girls we were just going to Reno for awhile. Well, after being in the car for two hours the girls starting questioning where we were going. We didn't say much other than we were going for a drive. Jim found out earlier in the week that there was a zoo in Sacramento, so that was our first destination.

The Sacramento zoo was fun, but not quite like the Hogle Zoo.


The train ride was interesting. The train cars were so small. I thought we were going to tip over as we would turn. It lasted about 1 minute.

After several hours at the zoo and no lunch. We were starting to get tired.


They had a small playground that seemed to be the high light of the zoo. Samantha was even able to run around for a bit.

So, after the zoo we decided to find a hotel, then we would eat. This is when the girls found out we were staying the night. Oh, the joy! Mom remembered to pack their swimsuits!

For dinner we had one destination we were searching for. SIZZLER! We miss going to Sizzler and we had seen one earlier in the day, so we began the search. And once we found.......we enjoyed.

And to top off our trip to Sacramento.....I got to see FAMILY! I knew Danny and Stephanie lived somewhere close to Sacramento, I just didn't know where. After we found our hotel, we found out that Danny and Stephanie were only about 15 minutes from our hotel. We did go see them kinda late, but it was so good visiting with them. The girls loved playing with their kids. Thanks for letting us stop by. We definately need to get together again soon.
One more stop before we got home. Donner's Pass Monument. We didn't stay long because everyone was tired, but I did manage to get one picture of Lexie in front of the monument.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

How fun. I'm sure that was a great surprise to the girls. How did you pack without them knowing? Looks like you guys had a great time.

The Mann Clann said...

Wow! You can't do that from Cache Valley. It looks like you had a blast! Way to go!

Jessica said...

I didn't know you did that! What fun, I am sure it was a good break for all of you, and you definitely deserved it! What fun pictures.

hOLLIANN said...

What a fun trip. How fun that you are in the middle of Cali and Utah...so many reasons to go on vacation!