Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Winter's hit again!

I know it's not as much as some places, but it is still fun to see this much snow again. We had alot of snow melt this last week with the rain and warm weather. Now it feels like we are just starting into winter.
The main reason I wanted to make this post was to share about how awesome my neighbors are. With Jim's work schedule it has been hard for him to keep up with the shoveling of the snow. I was tempted to go shovel yesterday (because it is something I enjoy doing unless the snow plow has plowed us in) but one neighbor beat me to it with his snow blower. He has done it several times for us. I was very grateful. The snow let up a little bit through the evening and around 10:30 I was laying in bed and heard a motor running. I went and checked out the window and there was another neighbor boy who was snowblowing the drive. When I got up in the night I checked outside to see the snow and it was still snowing. By the time I had gotten out of bed this morning, the first neighbor had already cleared the drive again and had put the garbage cans out for me. What a humbling experience this has been. I have such great neighbors that are watching out for me and my family. It's also a lesson learned that I need to be better to my neighbors. I know these neighbors don't read my blog, but I want to say thanks to them anyway. My girls have already told me that we need to make Valentine treats to take to them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cool. We have a sweet old neighbor (actually the nephew to President Benson) who is up real early, well I have woken up to the same sound and it really makes you feel good and to know people care is a great feeling. I to find this very humbling and watching for my opportunity to pay it forward!

kate said...

We live in an awesome neighborhood, they take care of us too!

I am so glad I found your blog, thought I'd let you know I'm your latest "stalker"!

Amber Bradley said...

Sounds like us over Christmas! Larry has a bad back so with all the snow we got, I didn't know what we were going to do and of course when we got home it was done. You've gotta love neighbors like that!