There are a few things I wanted to post on, so I will just put it all in one.
First of all.... Mom is still steadily improving. It may be small amounts, but it is something. We are hoping she will be able to go home in the next couple of days. She was moved out of ICU on Monday. She is setting records by the amount of laps she does in the hallway. It is hard for me to keep up with her when I am there helping her. I lean on her IV pole more than she does. Her heart is still getting used to actually being able to pump. For quite a while after surgery her heart had an irregular beat. A week ago they shocked it. She was very nervous about it, but since has said that it wasn't that bad. Of course they gave her enough medicine to knock out an elephant, so she wouldn't feel anything. I guess you can say the shock helped. It didn't work on the part of the heart the doctors wanted it to, but it helped. Mom and Dad have endured alot through all of this. Especially being away from home for so long. I know this Christmas will be a special one for them. Love you Mom and Dad!
Second...
So, yes, I reached another year of life yesterday. Thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes. It was an enjoyable day. I started out with a checkup for the baby. Everything is looking good. Lexie loves to hear the heart beat of the baby. After my checkup Jim, I and Lexie went and did a little Christmas shopping. Not many days left, but still lots to do. For lunch Jim dropped me off at Fire house where some friends took me for lunch! Thanks girls. It was so enjoyable to sit and visit. I am so lucky to have such awesome friends! After lunch Jim and I continued some of our shopping. I am so glad that he is here and can help me. He bought me a footbath for my birthday and a case of DR. Pepper!!!! He filled the footbath twice for me yesterday and said he would do it all week. What am I going to do when he goes back to work?! He took me out for a yummy dinner and bought me a cheesecake to eat at home! Like I said, it was an enjoyable day!
Oh, I had better not leave out that he did the dishes for me also! Thanks Jim! I couldn't do it without you!


5 comments:
Sounds like a fantastic day! Happy Birthday a little late. I'm glad it was a good day and that your mom is doing better. I can't wait to come back and visit. I love Firehouse!!
what about Jim's new job here he has one?
I am glad to hear the update on your mom. Long ride, hopefully she can get home soon.
So glad your day was good, and that there's hope your mom will be home soon!
I am glad to hear the udate on your Mom, I think about her all the time. Sounds like you had a nice birthday! A footbath sounds pretty good right now! Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment