Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Morning!


I always used to worry that if I couldn't go home for Christmas with my mom and dad that Christmas just wouldn't be the same. I remember how magical Christmas was when I was growing up. I have since learned that having my own kids and seeing their faces on Christmas is just as magical.

We started out our Christmas celebrating with spending Christmas Eve at Jim's parents. A few other family members didn't have any plans for Christmas Eve either, so we decided to get together. Ron made crisp meat burritos for everyone (compliments of working at Taco Time for several years). Jim made some homemade tortilla chips and I provided the banana party punch. The guys played guitar hero and then we played a few card games. After watching the weather on TV and seeing how close Santa was, we headed home. The girls were very nervous and excited. They wanted to hurry and get to bed so Santa wouln't miss them. After reading the Nativity Story and sharing about some service we had done for each other the last few days, the girls settled down and went to sleep pretty fast. Then, the magic of Christmas began!!!! We all slept downstairs. I think I slept the least. I was remembering how I used to wake up every hour when I was little, hoping it was time to go see what Santa brought us. The girls hardly stirred in the night. When I looked at the clock at 6:45 I was quite surprised that the girls hadn't woke up yet. I was determined that they would be the ones to wake us up, so I got back into bed. At 7:30 Jim's Mom called to see if they could come and see what Santa had brought. They were quite surprised to hear that the girls were still asleep. About 15 minutes later Brindley started stirring. She asked if it was time to get up. I told her if it was 6:00, she could. She looked at the clock and thought it said 1:45, so she was headed back to bed. She then looked again and realized what time it was. So, yes, by the time we all got up, most every one else was done opening presents.

I only got one picture on Christmas. Like others Jim and I ended up undoing packages and wires and stuff.

(This picture is for you, Dad!)

As Lexie says, "I only like Chocolate and Caramel!"




We had our traditional breakfast, (Thanks for the ham, Amber!) and spent most of the day in our PJ's! Once again, it was a very magical Christmas!

5 comments:

Felicia said...

Jim,

Here is the website where Todd got the instructions for the bench he made.

http://www.lowescreativeideas.com/idea-library/projects/Cabana_Bench_0308.aspx

Cale and Cortney said...

Glad to hear your mom is
doing well and made it home for Christmas. What fun pictures! I sure don't miss the snow though :)

Amber said...

It looks like it was a Merry Christmas! Kids sure make it fun!

marie said...

I'm with Lexie I only like chocolate and caramel! It looks like you had a great Christmas! The snow looks awesome:)

Jessica said...

It looks like it was a great christmas. I hope you have a great new year!!! Good Luck with the new job Jim!!