To start out with the football game was awesome. We were really worried about the weather and if we were going to get rained on. It didn't start raining until after we got home. It was fun being at the game and just feeling the excitement there. The spot we picked to sit was mixed with both BYU and USU fans. It was so funny to listen to the fans make comments loud enough for everyone around them to hear. There were some highschool boys sitting behind us that didn't understand some of the calls made during the game, but they sure humored themselves in making fun of the "refs" and those calls that they didn't know. At the opening of the 2nd half Jim said all he was hoping for was that the Aggies would score on BYU and that Hall would get sacked. Well, any of you following BYU knows that the last two games they have played they have held the other team scoreless. Yes, the Aggies scored twice on BYU and Hall got sacked. I do like BYU and would clap when they scored, but when the Aggies scored, you knew who I was cheering for!
Hope, Faith and Understanding.....
As today has started out I am so thankful for the messages that were shared over this conference weekend. I am not one to vent to others (other than Jim) or to share my hardships, but today I need a place to let it out. I know we all have experienced times when things just seem to crash down on us and we wonder how we are supposed to make it through. I know that if we stay close to our Heavenly Father we will make it through. Right now I am struggling seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Mom and Dad left this morning after a great weekend, but also leaving us knowing that Mom has to have heart surgery again within the next couple of months. Then becoming frustrated with the job search for Jim and I know the pregnancy hormones aren't helping any, but that's where I am at this morning. Back in the spring Jim recieved a Priesthood Blessing from his dad. In the blessing Jim was told that something was going to happen that would try our faith. Hearing that we both were kinda curious as to what was going to happen. As our summer started, so many unexpected things happened that we struggled to deal with. With hearing the blessing that Jim recieved we knew we had to try even more to stay close and rely on Heavenly Father. In doing this, we have felt peace with everything. We know we will be taken care of, but we have no idea what is going to happen. Just when we think things are looking good it all gets pushed farther away from our reach and once again we are left wondering when the end of all of this is going to come. This is where I have found strength in many of the messages that were shared in Conference. Now I just need to use this strength and have Faith and believe in that peace that we have felt. I also need to rely on the atonement to pull us through these trials. I know the understanding may not come for awhile, but I have to have the Faith. I keep wondering why we have to go through all of this when we experienced the trial we did with Lexie, then I realize how easy things have been over the last year and a half and that we needed something to wake us up again and to keep pushing us to move forward and increase our knowledge and understanding of the gospel.
I am so thankful for my little family and the understanding they have of everything that is going on. I have been moved to tears many times by the little things my girls have done to help us through this time. We were at Sam's club on Saturday with Mom. Brindley saw the cheeseballs and I told her to go ahead and put them in the basket. Me, not even realizing what she was doing, before we even got to the end of the isle she had pulled out and counted her money and was giving it to me to pay for the cheese balls. I know she is only 8, but I also know she understands things alot more than I do sometimes. I thank Heavenly Father every day for Jim and my girls and no matter what happens we will always have each other.


12 comments:
You're blog came up playing Annie's Song by John Denver, and it made me smile. We used to have that on our ancient karaoke machine when I was little and I would sing it into the microphone and pretend I was famous :o)
I'm so sorry for all you've been dealing with. I, too, was so grateful for the messages in conference.
Todd always says, "When the Lord closes a door, he always opens a window...but that doesn't mean it's not going to be hell in the hallway".
We are thinking of you, and wish you'd find a job in Wayne County :o)
We love you! We are praying that things will work out for the best...maybe I should be praying that they would work out SOON too!
Thats neat that he mentioned that it in the blessing. We're thinking of you!
Can I just say, I know how you feel! Isn't it nice to know we're not alone in these hard times. I remember when I first found out Mom had cancer and I was bawling my head off late one night after a volleyball game. She hugged me tight and very calmly told me that she had turned her life over to her Heavenly Father, and whatever He wanted would be done and she would accept. It is a good reminder to look back on that now as I remember if my Mom can turn her LIFE over to HIM, I can surely turn over my day to day problems and BIG trials that come my way. You're never alone temporally either. Shoot, you've got all kinds of love and support from all us cousins! We're pulling for ya kid! Things will look up! You've got the right attitude, thanks for reminding me where my trust and faith should be!
P.S. Everytime I hear John Denver.. I think of Uncle Val and his awesome slide shows:) Also.. I remember your BYU fight song key chain, and your blanket you used in the back of the van on your way to the BYU games. It was a good game on Friday night. I'm glad you got to go, but glad in the end BYU pulled it out. Only because my life is much nicer when they win... otherwise, I sleep with a grizzly bear!
Kristi,
Just want you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for you. Like Brianne said, things will get better, hang in there. I remember a much needed phone call I recieved a few years ago from a concerned cousin. I appreciated that more than you will ever know. Keep your chin up. I cried just as I read your post. Good luck with everything.
HI! I don't know if you remember us our not from the ward, but I found your page from Rory and Angie's blog and was excited to find a update on you. Congrats on the upcoming baby. If you want to follow our blog it is cameronfrancenefamily.blogspot.com
Good luck with things. How is your sister Michelle doing?
Francene
Hi Kristi, thanks for such a wonderful post. I'm so sorry your going through such a difficult time, and like you say the hormones of pregnancy don't make things any easier. I love the peace that watching conference brings I wish it was four times a year instead of just twice, I love the spirit that it brings into our home. Thanks so much for your advice on canning pears, I did some yesterday and they look so pretty, I just keep admiring them!
I am so glad you got to go to the game! I love watching football live.
I am sorry to hear about your trials. I always find great comfort in conference, and this one was particularly comforting. Hang in there and know that you are in our prayers.
Kristy I love reading your blog although it did make me feel a little guilty for boobing over my little trials when I know others are going through so much more than me. I am so sorry that you and Jim have been through so much but I also see how strong you both are and what great examples you are to all of us. I must say that I agree with comment #1 that it would be really great to have you in Wayne County:)Brindley is such a sweet heart-it made me cry reading what a thoughtful little girl she is and has always been. We are thinking of you and we'll keep your family and your Mom in our prayers.
What a strength you are to the rest of us! While you are facing such difficult trials, you are still finding things to be thankful for and knowing where your source of strength will come from. Your in our thoughts and prayers always.
You are such a strong woman, with a wonderful testimony, and you are such a good example to me! We will keep you and your family (including your mother) in our prayers. Remember that we love you!
Post a Comment