Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's a BOY..., or a GIRL!

I have been trying for some time to reason with Kristi that finding out what this baby is going to be is a sensable thing to do. It will allow for us some time to prepare, get the room ready, shop for clothes; you know, all the pratical things. Kristi has always wanted to have a surprise baby, but for all up to this point, she has relinquished her position at the last minute, and decided that it was necessary to know. Sitting in the chair during our ultrasound yesterday, I was certain that she would once again see the light, and we would know by now what we were having. It has been the subject of much dispute around our house for the last, oh, I don't know, 4 months.  I had decided that I had voiced my opinion, and she knew where I stood. I was going to allow her to make the final choice. Well, some things never change, but not here. She held to her guns, so now we still have a baby IT. She also, as part of her argument was selling me on the idea of me being the one to get to buy the first gender specific clothes for the baby while she was still in the hospital. Hmm, I wonder if Dr. Dave has a root canal opening on that day. I just love shopping for baby clothes, by myself. Oh, how cute! Anyway, we now have a nursery that will not see paint until AFTER the baby is born, and a closet that will not see clothes until AFTER the baby is born, and I get to go shopping for new baby clothes!

I see the light!


As a footnote, the baby is doing great, and developing nicely. The doctor says our chance of having another ordeal like Lexie is unlikely. We continue to pray that the baby will be healthy, and that Kristi will be able to carry IT full term.  Kristi and I are thankful and excited to be having another baby.

13 comments:

Reg said...

My advice: Call your mom as soon as the baby is born; I'm sure she'd love to be the first to buy the new baby clothes.

Cole and Kimala said...

Ah man..... I have been waiting!!! Oh well, guess we can wait another 5 or so months. Glad to hear things are going well and that little "IT" is healthy and wants to stay put for much longer.

Kimala

Shell said...

AAAHHH! I'm dying to know if it's a boy or girl! But Jim, if you need someone to shop with you, you know I'll be there! :)

Megan Guymon said...

Way to stick to your guns Kristi. If I ever get the chance again, I think I want to be surprised too. I love surprises! Punky Power!!! I was a fan too! Funny...

hOLLIANN said...

I am with you Jim...on the shopping part...no shopping for me...it it isn't a fantastic sale, or it can't be done online, I am not down with it.

I am very excited for you guys. I do however hope that the baby is cougar...I mean Aggie blue, not utah Red..:)

Felicia said...

Ooooh. You are strong! I would love to be surprised, but only AFTER I have one of each.

I'm so glad that all is going well, and pray that Baby IT will be full term!

Jim, Todd says you have some great skills that they could use at the ranch where he works...

The Mann Clann said...

Nice to see who wears the pants in the family ;) --- Rory

Sandra said...

The anticipation would kill me. LOL about the root canal. Great news that the chances are likely to deliver too early. Did they say why Lexie was born so early?

Amber said...

Congrats on the healthy baby! I too wanted to be surprised on the gender of our last baby, however, it was painfully obvious that he was a boy. I'm glad your baby is more modest, and was able to keep the surprise for you!

MommyMert said...

Hooray for a healthy baby! Thats the most important part. Boy or Girl, I am sure it will be great. Glad Mommy is doing well too.

Susi said...

I'm proud of you Kristi! Stick to your guns! I'm really glad that you've a little healthy one. That's certainly a blessing! But so is that super cute Lexie Rose! Jim, one outfit won't be too bad. Take the girls with you. They'll do a great job! I hope everything is well with your fam! Much love to you all!

Trina said...

Kristi, I'm impressed too. :) I always had to know, but neither of my sisters ever did. I always thought labor and delivery was enough of a surprise for me. I don't handle surprises so well. :) I'm not sure how I would've felt if it had been different than what they had told me though. Anyway, I'm glad the baby is healthy and that Jim gets to shop for the new little one. That's awesome. :)

I haven't been on the blogs for awhile because my family has been here and we were busy getting ready and then spending time with them. Trinette and Landon drove here and my parents flew out for Jacie's baptism. It was a lot of fun to see everyone. It is heartbreaking though to see my mom is still crying. :)

I know everything will work out the way it is supposed to for your family. We still don't understand some things but we have seen the huge blessings in our lives and every time we realize something else it just deepens my testimony. I have learned so much during the last 6 months not only about myself, but my family and how much our Heavenly Father knows us and what we need so much more than we even know ourselves. We miss you guys and know that whatever comes your way that you will be strong. Please keep us updated. We will keep you in our prayers.

Amber said...

Hey Kristi, did you see that I posted the tag you tagged me with? It's a couple of posts back!