Monday, May 12, 2008

Dance Divas or Soccer Pros






Brindley and Karissa had their dance review this last Saturday. It was a crazy day. We started out with the dress rehearsal in the morning, then took Brindley straight to her soccer game, then re-did her hair and did both girls' makeup in the car on the way back to the dance performance. (Wasn't there a conference talk that said, slow down. You don't have to sign your kids up for everything!) The girls did awesome with their dances. Right at the end of the review, the power went out. All the girls (ages 3-10 years) that were dancing (about 100 of them) were in a room behind the stage when this happened. I'm very proud of Brindley who's first thought was, "I need to go find Karissa." They had moved the girls out in the hall where there was a little more light. After waiting for a few minutes in our chairs, Jim went out to see if he could see the girls. He found them standing in the hall hugging each other. Karissa was very relieved to see us and just glad to get out of the dark.

So now dance is over for the year and we only have two soccer games left for each! Yes, that's right... Our girls played soccer this year. It was our first year with the whole soccer thing. The girls so enjoyed it. Or maybe it was the treat after the soccer game that they liked. O-well, what ever it was, it was alot easier to get them to go to their soccer games than their dance classes. They have come a long way with soccer. When I bought them shin guards they asked what they were for. Brindley had just previously been kicked in the shin and had a big black bruise, so I explained that they were to prevent those bruises. Now both of them are okay with the kicking and have even taken a few balls in the stomach. They just keep running though! They make me smile! I love watching them whether it is dancing or playing soccer.

8 comments:

hOLLIANN said...

That picture is so cute of them in their soccer gear.

Scott and Amme said...

Oh the girls are so cute and looked like they are having so much fun. Some advice from a non girlie-girl: It's easier to get them to soccer practice because sports are FUNNEST!!!!!! I am proud of them for being so tough.

Megan Guymon said...

Soccer can be a crazy time...Ethan's season starts in August and I kind of dread it!! I can't imagine having more than one in soccer at once. I bet you were running all over and then dance on top of that!! WOW!! Your girls look so cute. It really is fun to see all the things you are involved in!

Brian and Amelia said...

Beautiful girls! Sorry that I was mixed up with Lexi's age for a moment! I actually figured it out as soon as I had sent the comment, and seen the current picture of her! She's so darling! You have such a cute family!

Carolee said...

Hey! I found your blog through a whole trail of blogs. It is fun to see your girls! They are all so sweet and I know just how busy you are! Hope everything is just fantastic with you!
Carolee

Heidi said...

Your girls are so dang cute!! I love the first picture of them in their dance costumes hugging. So sweet. I'm glad they are enjoying soccer and the treats.

Anonymous said...

The pictures of your girls are so fun. Who do they take dance from? Zipporah would love to start dance but I'm not ready to pay for it yet. Both my kids liked soccer though. Are they doing any summer sports?

Lynn and Priscilla's family said...

Cute girls! I wish we had soccer here. I am excited to have a girl so I can do the whole dance thing now! Chances are, my little girl would rather play soccer. :)