So a few weeks ago I took Lexie in for her nap. She was determined that she wasn't going to have a nap. She threw her leg up on the rail of the crib then pulled herself with both arms up so she was straddeling the rail, then over came the other leg. I was just glad that I was standing there to catch her as she was going to jump, no matter how far down the ground was. I placed her back in her crib and left the room, but watched through the crack in the unclosed door. She again tried to escape, and I ran in and caught her again. So after talking with Jim we decided to set the toddler bed up for her. Lexie was so excited about this. Jim set the bed up and Lexie went right in and laid down in it. She stayed there for quite awhile under her covers and it wasn't even nap time yet. 
Lexie has been our easiest child to put to bed. We have just gone and put her in bed and she has gone to sleep. I was worried about how she would do in the toddler bed. She has struggled with taking naps because she knows everyone else is awake, so why should she sleep. I try to make her stay in her room even if she doesn't nap. I have gone in a few times and found her asleep in the rocking chair with her doll. She does really well at night. Once in awhile I hear her cry, but she has settled herself down and gone back to sleep. She came in once in the night and just stood by my bed. It was as if she didn't know what to do, unlike the other girls that come and tap on my arm while staring in my face from 3 inches away until I'm awake. I thought Lexie looked so cute just standing there that I woke Jim up to see her. He was half asleep and just got up and put her back in bed. She has to sleep with all of her animals. She has Wormy, Caterpillar, Moosey, Patty, Piggy, Doggy, and Baby. Oh, and don't forget her drink of water and blankie.....All of these are necessary for her to go to bed.


7 comments:
We put Addi in a big bed a few months ago too. I was worried about it, but she loves her big girl bed. Just like her bottle. I think it was more for me than her. They sure grow up too fast. Makes me kind of sad.
She is so cute. Gavin does well with his toddler bed. He just lays down and goes to bed every night. Unlike Reagan that still unfortunately gets up to cuddle with me in my bed. She does that same stare to me and it freaks me out. I am not ready for it and there she is with her face right in mine. I have jumped a few times which upsets her and that makes for a longer "putting her back to bed" dilemma. So funny. They do grow fast.
So cute! For us this experience starts at about 13 months, so we don't have our kids in cribs too long. That was good news considering they are a year apart (at least 3 of them)!
Hey you...it's me...Jen!!!(Jenny Torgersen) I found you while I was blog hopping! I would love to invite you to mine since we are private (for Benjamin's sake). My email is quad88zilla@hotmail.com. Send me your email so I can invite you to my blog. Does Julianne blog? Gosh I miss you guys and cannot believe how your girls have grown. I would love to hear from you. Love Ya!
What good parents you must be! I have struggled with both of my boys...maybe because their dad is such a softie and invites them to sleep with us! I just realized that you are like me...You have a blondie too, even though both of you have dark hair. People always ask me if Kyle (my blondie) is adopted.:) Well, keep on bloggin! It's fun to see!
Jim!!! Kristie!!!
I miss you!!! Looks like things are going so great for you! The girls are just beautiful! I'm going to set you up on my blog so I can take a quick peek at you now and again! Come take a look at our blog! Love you!! Miss you!!
I'll never forget the day I heard the thud of Paisley falling/crawling out of her crib or the proud smile when I went running in her room. I am glad that you caught Lexie! I still can not believe Brindley is 8! She looks so grown up and so beautiful. I also love apple pie but I don't know about somebody poking SO MANY holes in it...! What an adorable family you have and good photography. I love the four wheeler picture. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment