Lexie was the last one at the dinner table. She tells me, "Mom, if I'm not at the table, don't get mad at me. It's my body's fault. This food is just so delicious that my body just wants to dance."
Lexie was opening a package that had wires and plastic tags through the cardboard. She says, "Those Darn Chinese! They make it so hard to get into these things!"
In Relief Society I recieved a handout with a piece of licorice attached. I gave the licorice to Lexie. She says to me, "Do they always give you licorice at Relief Society?" I answer, "No." She says, "Just when you been good, Huh?"
Sometimes it is easier to just let them help and when they are done re-do it. This is Lexie and Karissa helping mop the kitchen floor. Lexie would get the water and suds all over and Karissa would clean them up.
2 comments:
Oh I know what you mean. I just have to remind myself that some day I will be begging them to help. I'll bet they had fun!
I can so relate to this post! Teaching them to work is so much work. They are so happy when we let them do what we do...look at those smiles! So cute!
Post a Comment