Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"Each Life that Touches Ours for Good"

I have paused several times the last few weeks thinking of those dear to me. Life can be taken so quickly and unexpectedly sometimes. I am truly grateful for the comfort I receive in knowing Families are Forever.

Over the last couple weeks I have heard of the passing of 2 acquaintances. The first one....Shirley....She was the aid on the bus that one of my daycare boys road on. She would great me 4 times a week. I only saw her less than 5 minutes on those days. Not much time....but enough to make a connection. One day Shirley had a sub. The driver said that Shirley stayed home with some stomach issues and for Shirley to miss, she had to of been pretty bad. She missed 2 days, then was back for a day. The next day she was gone again and the bus driver told me that Shirley wouldn't be back for the year. I paused for a moment thinking of her but then went on about my day. After a week of getting used to the new bus aid, I get the news that Shirley had passed....WHAT? HOW? WHEN? I was shocked. So quickly....Shirley apparently had pancreatic cancer and it took her that quick. It was very strange for me to think that she was gone. She had appeared so healthy the last I had seen her....Thank you Shirley for those few moments you shared with me.
The 2nd passing was of a friend's daughter-in-law. Raysha Neilson (21 years old). She was killed in a snow mobile accident. She was a champion snowmobiler who competed in snowmobile racing. I really had never met her, but I know her in-laws. They are members in our ward and are outstanding people. Maria, the mother-in-law is also the Principal at Millville Elem. where my kids go. Her son (husband to Raysha) was one of Jim's young men a few years back. They have a 3 year old boy together. My heart hurts for the family. I pray for their comfort and peace. To the Neilson family....Your strength lifts each of us. Thanks for touching my heart and sharing your testimony of the gospel with us.

0 comments: