Friday, February 7, 2014

The Results of Prayer and Fasting

I am so overwhelmed with emotion as I see the immediate response to a unified prayer and fast that took place in our valley. Not only was the fasting done in our valley but also Ogden area and in California.
We were asked by church leaders in our stake to include in our fast the blessing of moisture. We have had very little snow. I believe and have faith in prayer and fasting. My thought was, "Oh, we will get more moisture, but it will be a storm for a day here and maybe a week later another day with some snow." Well, it has pretty much snowed everyday since the day before the fast. It is beautiful. It is a testimony to what prayer and fasting can do. 
When ever an opportunity to pray and fast for a specific thing comes about, I try to explain to my girls about fasting. It seems like the more I explain, the more frustrating it is dealing with them. They get after each other for one eating something. They ask questions like, "Can we swallow our spit?" Seriously, I lose my patients  ....But as I went to bed Sunday night after having prayer with my girls 3 times during the day to ask for moisture, I checked the forecast. I wanted to cry. I immediately showed Jim then went and showed the girls that were still awake. 4 of the 7 days had snow in them. I know forecasts can changed and this one did, but with an increase of snow. WOW! So blessed!
I thank my Heavenly Father for blessing us with the moisture, but I also thank him for giving us an opportunity to share with our children how prayer and fasting works with his immediate response to our prayer.



0 comments: