Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spouse Relationships

I LOVE the relationship I have with Jim. I Love that he knows me better than anyone else knows me. And I can say, I know him better than anyone else knows him! 
I had an "Ah Ha" moment a few months ago. Watching a husband and wife close to me go through some struggles made me realize a few things. After being together for almost 16 years (which speaking of 16 years, It was 16 years ago today that I saw Jim for the first time after he got off his mission.)...Jim and I know each other better than any others know us. Jim knows me better than my parents....not trying to take anything from my parents....but it's true. I am so grateful for a relationship with someone that knows how I will react in any given circumstance....Someone who defends me for the way I am because they know me and what is going on with me. He understands my thinking and knows my needs....whether I need a laugh, a Dr. Pepper, a hug, a quiet moment, time with family, money to spend on me, girl time, camping time, him and me time, serious conversation, night time tv....whatever it is.... he knows.