Check out these cute kids! This is 3 of the 5 kids that rotate through my house in a week.
I'm writing this post because of a dear lady (Sis. L.) that lives a few houses down from me. I will refer to her later.
It is interesting to me to see how I have been treated by others since I started doing daycare....yes, even my own relatives have treated me different.
I have heard comments about me not actually working. And I see others looking down on me for what I am doing. I don't even dare bring up the word "daycare" when visiting family. I get the impression it's not a good enough job!
Well, my reply: I am home when my girls walk in the door. I am home with Samantha everyday. No, it's not something that I want to do forever, but it's something I can do to help with our finances.
I was talking with Sis. L the other day....I LOVE this lady! She is an older lady who doesn't have any kids living at home anymore. She thanked me for the job I do and for the service I provide for other moms. She said to me, "It can be a thankless job but what you are doing is such a good thing. You are a wonderful person for doing it." She went on and just kept saying things that I needed to hear. I am so Thankful for Sis. L and for her words that day. It definately makes it a lot easier to face those that think daycare is not work.
And just so you know, Work can be fun!! How can it not with these cute kids!


2 comments:
You do an amazing job! And Sister L. sounds like my kind of lady!
What a great lady, I know exactly what you mean when people find out I do daycare. But I love that I can do it, and that it helps my family!! You do have a cute bunch of little ones!!
Post a Comment