Thursday, May 9, 2013

I'm/We're doing it!!

I'm afraid to post this because I don't want to jinx myself! Day 11 of eating less and I am down 5 lbs! 5.2 to be exact! Finally bought a scale after 1 1/2 years without one.
I Love my runs! They kill me and I don't go very far, but I feel good afterwards. Brindley and Karissa have been joining me on the runs. I don't think they ever tire....but they are great support and keep encouraging me.
I look forward to "Shake It"! That's what Sam calls the sorta zumba group that her and I go to on Friday's. There are well over 30 ladies from the south end of the valley that meet every Friday at a church and SHAKE IT!! It is so much fun. A whole hour goes by so quickly!
Something that has helped is Jim doing it with me. It's a lot harder when your husband is having that bowl of icecream or chips in the evening and you really want some too. He is now packing a salad for lunch every day. He is eating breakfast...which he never did before. We both have cut back our soda intake and save that for the weekend. The other thing that helps is being a little more relaxed on the weekends and allowing myself to have a Dr. Pepper or Icecream.
It feels good to see the scale go down it encourages me to keep going.

0 comments: