Monday, June 4, 2012

I'M GOING TO DO IT!

This is SOOO not me to share this, but I feed off of encouragment so I am doing this! Plus there are only like 6 or 7 of you that are invited to view this blog, so I guess I am not making it totally public, but in a way I am!

MY weight has been such an issue with my confidence my whole life. I still remember being made fun of in Elem. school. Because of that I struggle going back home and seeing those that I grew up with just because I worry what they would say or think now.

Back in Oct. I was finally diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease (Thyroid). I say "finally" because over the years I have watched others around me, my age, my activity level and realized that I wasn't normal. Something was wrong with me. I never had any energy....even with exercising 5 days a week. My hair had been falling out for 2 years. I would sweat through my clothes after two minutes of showering. I was a zombie (zoned out) by the time the kids got home from school and I couldn't even function at being their mom.  I had gone to my family doctor, had blood work done and was told I was normal. NO I WASN'T!! I knew something was wrong with me. After talking with a friend, she gave me a name of another family doctor. I made an appointment, went to him, and came home with so much more hope! He was going to do some more blood work and check my TPO levels. After doing the blood work, I waited a week for the call with the results. The call came. My TPO levels were high! YES!!! I knew there was something wrong!! I cried happy tears! I met with an endocrinologist, had an ultrasound of my thryoid and was diagnosed with Hashimoto's. I now take my synthroid daily. It has made a HUGE difference. While visiting with the endo doc, I found out other symptom's of Hashimoto's. Symptoms that I have been dealing with for years! So many things are now tied together and make sense to me!

SO THAT WAS A BIG HUGE LONG TANGENT!.....

I decided back in Oct. that I just needed to be happy with my weight because trying to diet did not make me happy! So I have just accepted it. I have loved not having the guilt when I eat an extra cookie. I told myself as long as I physically felt good, then I needed to be happy. Physically feeling good required exercise which I was ok with because I do like how I feel after I exercise. My problem is, I am not finding the time....or dedicating the time to exercise. SOOOO this is why I am putting this out there. I have had to exercise my whole life....and most of the time it doesn't help me with the weight, it just helps me feel physically better (AND EMOTIONALLY).

I have fallen off the exercise WAGON! GRRRR!! I don't think I have ever been in worse shape than I am now. My goal is to run a 5k....sometime....I told myself that 2 years ago. I was ready for it. I was in shape and knew I could run it, and then I got a "RUNNER'S" injury! I haven't been able to really run since! I still have the pain from the injury. I still have the goal to run a 5k....and now I want to participate in one of those mud runs! But I have to be in shape first.

Now to commit to exercise....I have stuggled getting out of bed in the mornings to exercise. I have a couple daycare kids so if I don't get it done before they arrive, then it doesn't get done. By evening I am ready to put my feet up, so there is no exercise there either....so, today was the day to start! With Brindley home from school for the summer I decided I would have her help watch the boys while I did my exercises. We will see how this works. Today was great! I did Jillian's 30 day shred along with 10 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the eliptical. That's about 45 minutes!!! More than I have done for awhile!

So here is where my blog is going to be involved. On my side-bar, I am going to record what I have done for my exercise for the day. I feel like putting it out there kinda holds me accountable. I do not have a scale to weigh myself. I haven't weighed myself in 7 months. I think this is another reason I have been happier too. I don't see those numbers! I just want to feel better physically with exercise.

So, here I go!! LET'S DO THIS!!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

You can do in Kristi! I firmly believe that exercise does as much for your mind as for your body. My family can totally tell when I don't exercise. I think enlisting your family to help is the key. When you have others on your side it totally helps! It is hard sometimes as a mom to make yourself a priority. That is what it takes. It is ok to take some "me time." The positive feelings that you get from doing it will bless the entire family. Good Luck I am rooting for you!!

Alison said...

You are so inspiring! I miss you! I have to tell you, I read this post AFTER I had eaten half a jar of Nutella. hahahahahaha! I'm like, "Maybe I should get off my fat butt and do something productive!" Leah was so excited to see the phone message you sent to May. She's all, "There's my BFF, Lexie!"

Jessica said...

Way to go! I am proud of you too, But of anyone I know, I have always thought you have a great body image..meaning you always are confident and happy to be you! I look up to that! So here's to a 5K, and after this baby comes, I want to join you!!!

Kennedy Klan said...

Three words... YOU GO GIRL!!

No I agree on how easy it is to not exercise. I always find myself saying that I will do it tomorrow. So I love your new attitude and ideas! And girl, I love you just the way you are :) always have. Its what is on the inside that counts!