WARNING! There are over 40 pictures!
I couldn't leave anything out....actually I did, your lucky there are only this many!
When there are 4 camers being used, there are ALOT of pictures!
***********************
Not even in the park yet and we were already snapping pictures!
Snow at the end of July!
The girls...and Jim loved playing in snow in their shorts!
I love looking at nature and thinking about all the time it took to create something that beautiful/interesting. As we were waiting in line to get into the park I noticed the trees. They are growing croaked. My thought was because of all the snow that sits on top of them, not sure though.
Entrance
Beautiful
Lunch on the Granite Slabs!
The start of our hike to Dog Lake. This was the only level part til we got about 50 yrds from the lake.
Lembert Dome
Another view of Lembert Dome. If you looke close, you can see some people repelling off of it! CRAZY!
I was so proud of my girls and the hiking they did. We are not a hiking family. Brindley struggles with feet pain and being on her feet alot. She did amazing! And Samantha hike the whole way to the lake. She led us most of the way, climbing under trees, over rocks and up steep inclines. Not once did I hear any of them complain about the hike!
This is about 50 yards from the lake. There were trees all around then it just opens up to this beautiful lake.
Yes, there is a reward for hiking! Soaking our feet! The mosquitos were really bad and we didn't have any bug spray with us so we didn't stay long. But we got Alot of Pictures!
Another picture of the trees that I just thought were cool.
There were quite a few people on this hike. One of them offered to take a family pic for us. This log was laying over a beautiful stream with green grass and flowers all around.
On the hike down, Little Sam had gotten tired. Still with no complaining though. She could hardly stand up straight. Jim put her on his shoulders and within 5 minutes she was asleep. This is her asleep from the back. She was bobbing from side to side.
She is out here, but still hanging on.
I think this is Tenaya Lake. Look at all that snow. Remember, it is the end of July!
Olmsted Point looking out toward Half Dome. Half Dome is that dog looking head in the background. Sam is in the car asleep.
Another hike down into the forest to see some GIANT SEQUOIS! This time it was paved all the way, but the mosquitos were very bad again. It was very humid and green. I loved seeing the fern plants growing in the wild.
These trees were HUMUNGOUS! All I could do was stare in awe at them. So AMAZING! The pictures don't do them justice.
The girls were nervous about going through the trees. There were little crevices inside that bats were in. You could hear them all squealing or making whatever noise Bats make.
I Love how Jim is looking up at the tree in this picture. Kinda gives you more perspective of how big it is.
The top of the tree was all burned out.
This is one that had fallen. It is still taller width wise, laying down. This is about halfway up the tree.
The base/roots of a fallen tree.
We didn't get a chance to see the big waterfalls, but we really enjoyed seeing what we did get a chance to see. Here is Tenaya Lake again as we were headed out of the park. It was getting a little dark.
And we still have SMILES on the way home!
So Glad we took the time to go see some of Yosemite. I look forward to when we can go again. I loved being with my family and exploring new places!


2 comments:
Great pictures. That looks like a fun trip. Love the last pic ha ha
What a fun trip! My kids and I looked at all of your fun pictures and Brinlyn commented on how she would love to see giant trees like that :) I love your blog, its fun for me to follow and keep in touch with my good friend. Miss ya :)
Love,
Ann
Post a Comment