Sunday, November 6, 2011

Spiritually Fed...

I am so Thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am so Thankful to be able to have the opportunities I have had to participate in this Gospel. I'm so grateful that I can pray to a Loving Heavenly Father and feel piece and comfort from him. I am thankful that I can attend special events in this church and feel the spirit. I am thankful for examples of others that have helped my Testimony grow.

Jim and I were able to attend the Temple today in Reno. I have grown very fond of the Reno Temple. It is small and simple, but grand and glorious. In the room that the sessions are held in, there are only 40 seats TOTAL. And the seats are seldom all taken. Today there was a young man taking out his own endowment. I loved watching him and his family as they participated in the session. His family had so much joy in their faces as they helped him. I couldn't help but feel that excitement for him too. I was also able to just sit in the Celestial room with Jim and enjoy the peace for a few minutes. There is such a spiritual strength that comes from the Temple that helps me keep pushing through life.

After we got home from the Temple, we were able to attend a baptism of a young man. I don't really know this young man, but he has been attending our ward for awhile and has attending the Priest Quorum where Jim teaches. Jim has shared with me about this young man and what an incredible person he is. I was so overcome with the spirit as I watched this Young Man be baptized. He smiled so big as he came out of the water. He shared his Testimony with us afterward. It was a simple but powerful Testimony.

I am so Thankful that I had these experiences today. I am Thankful that I have been blessed to feel the spirit today. I am Thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.