Thursday, August 12, 2010

Contemplating........

I really need to be going through boxes of clothes for the girls to get them ready for school, but instead I'm doing what I do best......procrastinating and filling my time with the computer.
I have been doing alot of thinking over the last week. Alot of contemplating over alot of different things. It's crazy to me to realize we have been in Nevada for over a year. My baby knows the house we are in better than the house I still want to be in.
A week ago I was at one of my most favorite places......Mount Logan Peak. You can see so many places from there. I love looking over Cache Valley and just taking it all in. What a beautiful place Heavenly Father created for us.
We have had a busy/crazy summer. We have done alot of traveling back to Utah and have enjoyed every trip so much. The kids don't even mind the drive anymore. One of the quickest and most exciting was when we went for the 4th of July. We didn't tell anyone we were coming except for one. We called Jim's brother (Matt) while we were on our way and told him our plan and to make sure the motor home was unlocked so we could sneak in it when we got there in the middle of the night and sleep. Matt did great at keeping our secret and had the motor home all ready for us. The next morning Jim's parents came out to great us with smiles that you could not wipe off. Jim's anxiety got to him so much that he said the surprise was better than Christmas! We surprised many that trip. Yes, we were only in Logan for 36 hours, but it was sooo worth it.

We spent last week again in Logan camping with Jim's family. That's when I was able to go to Mount Logan. It was so hard leaving the valley after being there for 9 days. I still miss the life I had there and there are days that I get so frustrated that we can't be there. I have been trying really hard to accept where we are and I have felt the comfort and peace the Savior is giving me. I have been looking at my situation and realize how selfish I have been. There are so many of you who are going through harder trials than I am and all I have done is complain about being here. I have been following a story of a little family who lost their only child. The mother's faith and strength is so amazing to me. I can't imagine going through what she/they have. Her words have inspired me and have made me want to try harder. Also, back in June, one of the most amazing ladies I know passed away, Aunt Shelley. I look at my cousins who lost their mom and Uncle Sheril who lost his beautiful wife and see the strength and faith they have. They are the ones pulling the rest of the family through it. Yet, another situation I can't imagine going through. There are many other trials that I have heard of that others are going through. All of which have made me take a step back and look at what I have been blessed with. I have felt so many prayers of others and want to thank you for them. My prayers are for all of you that are struggling with hardships. I have such a strong testimony of prayer and know that Heavenly Father is there for us and loves us.
I am so lucky to have Jim as my husband and best friend and to have 4 beautiful daughters who are my best friends too. They all keep me going. Love you all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your words of wisdom! Love ya!
Suz

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement and uplift. I love to read my daughters words that help me so much. Love to all of you.

Sandra said...

Beautiful post Kristi. I have those times when I get frustrated that I can't be where I want to be either. It's the times that you see the hardships of others that make what your going through nothing in comparison. I just finished a book that dealt with a very dysfunctional family and to see what the kids went through is amazing. They pretty much raised themselves and their parents. It's wonderful to have the gospel in our lives and to know we are loved wherever we go. How long of a drive is it for you guys?

Jessica said...

It was so much fun having you here, and just getting to talk! Thanks for everything you did, the kids had so much fun and so did I!

Amber Bradley said...

You are amazing! I have too looked up to you through different things you have gone through. You just like that mom have inspired others! Love you!

Pedey @ Do You Smell That!!? said...

I'm glad you're in Nevada. (((HUGS)))

hOLLIANN said...

I am so glad you were able to visit Utah and have such a fun summer! I want you and Jim to be the first to know that we went camping this summer! Big moves for the Gardner's...at least the girl gardner :)