Being the only Aggie fans in here is quite intimidating.
So the other night as I was browsing the Herald Journal online I found out that the Aggies were going to be playing in Reno that night. How fun would it be to go. It was just a thought though until I called Jim and told him the Aggies would be in Reno. He asked me what time tip off was. The game didn't start until 8:05 pm. Jim said he could leave work right at close (7:00 pm) and we could go. I suddenly got very anxious and excited. I put the dinner that I was preparing in the fridge and quickly got the girls ready to go (all of us sporting our Aggie gear). We picked up Jim and headed on our way. We didn't have any tickets so we got in line for them...finding out they were $20 a piece. Like we could pay that for all of us. Great, we had just walked a mile from the parking lot with all 4 girls. Before that thought even cleared my mind a guy handed me a ticket. Within 1 minute we had 2 other tickets given to us. One guy saw Jim's Aggie sweatshirt after he gave him the ticket and said, "Oh no, not an Aggie!" He was nice though and let Jim keep it. We did buy 2 tickets and found some seats that were together just in time for tip off.What a game! What an experience to be there with my family cheering for the Aggies with the Aggies being the visiting team. It was even exciting for me to see Stew Morill! It didn't take long for the people sitting around us to know who we were cheering for. My girls were great! They cheered hard and loud. During one of the time outs the song "Cotton Eye Jo" started playing. I told Brindley to get up and dance. She did and within a few seconds a camera had found her and she was being played on the Jumbo Tron (the score board over the middle of the court with the screen on it). The whole building could see her dancing. It was awesome. I was wishing we had a big USU sign at that moment.
Of course we got alot of smirks and jeers from the wolfpack fans, but it was exciting. Jim took Lexie to the bathroom and as he was walking down the stairs someone hollered at him, "Don't come back!" The word polygamist was hollered at us along with an older lady looking right at us and saying, "Cheaters!" All we could do was smile,......because of course, the Aggies won....in overtime! Gotta Love it!


5 comments:
Go Aggies! I was so glad to hear that you got to go to the game. What a fun family activity and I bet you were the reason they hung on to win!
WOW, what an experience! Some people are soooo nice and others are just not nice at all! I'm glad you got to go the game, and a winning won too!!!
Sounds like a great family outing! What is it about sports that bring out the ornery in people. Isn't it just for FUN!!!!!!! By the way thanks for the comments. I have a hard time remembering 20 years ago so the memory jogs help me a lot!
Yay Aggies! I am glad you got to go, and way to go Brindley!! Some people just don't get it, but I am glad you didn't let it bother you.
GO Aggies!!! We so want to go up to Logan to a game. That is just awesome you got to go see them play and that Brindley got on the big screen.
Post a Comment