Friday, January 8, 2010

Thank Heavens for mornings

After a night like last night, how can I be onry when I see this?

Thank Heavens for mornings (even if you only get a few hours of sleep).
It's a start of a new day.
I can try over again.
Who cares if I missed out on a bunch of sleep,
I got to hold her ALOT and even rock her for awhile.
Does it matter that my feet got cold while walking around with her in the dark?
No, She wanted me.
So what if my head hurts today and feels heavy and dizzy.
She loves me and trusts me.
And what about the other girls. I have to wake them in a few short hours and start my "mom duties" with them too. That's ok, I will hold her and rock her and kiss her and walk with her and sing to her and even cry with her....because this time won't last long.
Morning will come and she will be grown.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I am sorry that you had a long night, but that was a great post. It all goes to fast and we forget to Let them be little! I hope your day goes better.

Scott and Amme said...

I love you Kristi! You have such a great attitude. I hope you can catch up on your sleep.

Sandra said...

What gets me up when I have hard nights is the thought that "hey there may be chance to later have a nap" Most of the time there's not but that slim chance can boost me up he he. Your post reminds me of a poem I got when I had my first boy it called "My Baby Boy and Me." It talks about how for now I'll hold him and rock him through the night and hold his tiny hand. For soon he'll grow to be a man and his need for Momma gone. It makes me realize how short of a time we have with them when they are little. I hope your able to get a better nights sleep tonight.

Susi said...

just precious!

Heidi said...

You inspire me. Solayna has been having bad nights lately, and I totally understand. When Brooke woke up the other morning after she cried most of the night, he said, "you sure are hard to stay mad at, your so dang cute" I agree whole heartedly. I love to see my baby girl reach for me and know that she wants ME and no one else. Your words are perfect.