A couple of weeks ago Jim went out of town for his work. He was going to be gone the whole week and I was not looking forward to it. One of the first days he was gone I started feeling sorry for myself. I was frustrated that he left me here where I don't have any family around. I've really struggled with being away from family and friends. By about dinner time all I wanted to do was to crawl into bed and cry, but I needed to take care of my girls. While I was fixing dinner the phone rang. Not wanting to answer it, I handed the phone to Brindley. It didn't take long and the phone was handed back to me. I tried to put on a happy mood and talk for a few minutes. Nothing way awesome was said over the phone, but by the time I hung up I was in tears and very thankful that this person had called. I realized that she had been prompted to call me and I needed that call to help me. After hanging up the phone my feelings through the evening improved a ton.
The reason I share this is not for sympathy, but to hopefully make you think of when you are prompted to do something....whether it be making a phone call, taking dinner to someone, sending a card, or something else that you feel prompted to do.
I have tried alot in the last couple of years to follow through on promptings that I have recieved. Some I haven't done, but some I have. There have been a few that I have followed that I haven't really even thought about and later I have heard how much it helped that person.
Because I know how much it has helped me when I have recieved a container of soup for dinner, or a phone call when I didn't want it, but needed it, I will continue to make this a goal.
Thanks to all of you that give service and inspire me.


7 comments:
You are so right, and I am grateful for all "little things" you have done for me over the years. I hope things are improving, and I wish I was closer to run over and help, or just give a hug! Our plan is to come and see you for Spring Break, if that works for you. The kids are dying to see you and your new house! Talk to you soon!
Love ya Kristi!
That is so cool! You are a deserving person! It's great to know we have earthly angels around us too;)
Thanks for sharing. I have been having all kinds of promting and have been trying to find the time to do it. So thanks for reminding me the importance. Hope you guys are doing well.
That was great, thanks for sharing. I know I need to be better at following through with the promptings. HUGS!
Thanks for the reminder... I need to be better at that.
We love you sweetheart! Thank you for your gentle spirit and loving remembrances of what the spirit can do to bring comfort not only to us but to others! Have you read "If Life were Easy It Wouldnt' Be Hard" by Sheri Dew? It has filled my head with thoughts that get me through difficult, unwanted moments! xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment